Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Choose one musical artist, just one and one only.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
R Stevie Moore. He may not be the greatest, but with over 350 albums of dizzying variety, it would be difficult to get bored. I suspect that listening to all of it would either provide the meaning of life or detach you entirely from reality. Either way, if I can't listen to anything else, it would seem an adventure.

Go on a random dive some time. Its a great way to lose an evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5593OqyeOyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBnCQy6dloM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e686tlcdfRc

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Reggae and Jazz are my preferred genres, but instead, if it's only to be one artist then I'll take Kieran Hebden please.

Lots of output going in all different directions and going back to Fridge.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You will have at your disposal the entire back catalogue of that artist, every recording they have made as the main featured artist. But forevermore you will no longer be able to listen to anyone else (unless they feature on a recording under the name of your chosen artist).

He didn't record anything though H, could be a bad call if we get into semantics...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You will have at your disposal the entire back catalogue of that artist, every recording they have made as the main featured artist. But forevermore you will no longer be able to listen to anyone else (unless they feature on a recording under the name of your chosen artist).

He didn't record anything though H, could be a bad call if we get into semantics...

Bugger!

OK, I'll go for John Williams.

I just think that one band would drive me mad. Especially one voice. So, I'm looking to something more classical.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Has anyone mentioned Ken Dodd ?

Privileged to have sat nearly next to him when he played in St Mary's at Rye pre pandemic as part of the festival. I am sure he has an invisible guitar friend to help , particularly when he plays "....the one about the motor bike..." :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
George Harrison for so many reasons not just his own music but his carful phrasing of guitar playing never to much but more importantly never to little an understated playing an integral part of some of the greatest songs ever written you can’t think of a Beatles song without that little rift as important as the words, his films without George we would never have had “life of Brian”, his outlook on life and death, his philanthropy, his invention he brought electronic music and Indian music to notice of the wider world, his supporting of other up and coming bands who would go on to be greats themselves, the first Band aid with the Concert for Bangladesh, his humour and for putting on the greatest concert I had and probably ever will see.
Finally for a great back handed compliment from the great crooner Frank Sinatra when he said about the Harrison song “Something” to paraphrase “that Somthing was the greatest Lennon and MaCartney song ever written”.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Has anyone mentioned Ken Dodd ?

Not a bad shout. Quite an extensive back catalogue...

20220606_174821.jpg20220606_174651.jpg20220606_175207.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here