Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I feel sorry for Antonio Conte, only getting two.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Im not suggesting all out attack but you need an attacking outlet and we simply aren't even trying to build one in these games. Its playing not to lose plain and simple and it will yield us zero points in the TWELVE games v the top 6!

Exactly. I'm not naive enough to think we can go toe to toe with the top teams. But we don't seem to offer any kind of attacking outlet in these games, bar United away.

Still, id be very happy with 4 points from the next two games. If we manage that then it will have been a decent Christmas period!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
But you won't. Unless you get a lucky win, which is unlikely to happen. You are more likely to pick up a point or two from draws by being defensive.

Except there is a similarly promoted team who have more points than us across this season, and against the top 6, by attacking these sides. Yes, they’ve conceded more, but they’ve also scored more. For me, I’d prefer to stand a chance of winning points by actually intending to attack sides. It’s a viable tactic, or at least as viable, as sitting behind the ball all game, every game, against the biggest sides and giving your players the impression that you don’t think they can compete.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Exactly. We are doing well, but it's not good enough for some of our fans.

The problem is that they've been spoilt for two seasons of just constantly winning, that suffering defeat is inconceivable and we should be sacking our manager. Clearly with the talent we have, we should be doing in Chelsea, 3,4 maybe 5-0

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do understand the logic - the maths and the stats and all that - of keeping the score down against the likes of Spurs and Chelski. Losing 2-0 is better than conceding a hatful, because at the end of the season, goal difference can make the difference of one or two places. I understand that, and accept it - I don't like it much, but that's life.

Similarly I don't like the policy of bringing on subs too late, and only bringing on like-for-like rather than to change the shape of the game, but I accept that's the way it will be.

As long as CH is our manager, these things will continue to be, but do I want to change our manager? No I bloody don't, he's doing a great job (and, by the way, I suspect he knows a lot more about football than I do!), so count me in as team Hughton, time and time again.

That is pretty much what a few people have been saying on NSC, both today and previously. For other fans to then come on and accuse them/us of bed-wetting (or panty wetting) is inaccurate, insulting, and tbh, stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. I'm not naive enough to think we can go toe to toe with the top teams. But we don't seem to offer any kind of attacking outlet in these games, bar United away.

Still, id be very happy with 4 points from the next two games. If we manage that then it will have been a decent Christmas period!

Having Centre forwards who look like they are running through quicksand when going at full pace means we will never offer a threat going forward against the top teams. Get the pacey young striker with an eye for goal and this will change...maybe

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Except there is a similarly promoted team who have more points than us across this season, and against the top 6, by attacking these sides. Yes, they’ve conceded more, but they’ve also scored more. For me, I’d prefer to stand a chance of winning points by actually intending to attack sides. It’s a viable tactic, or at least as viable, as sitting behind the ball all game, every game, against the biggest sides and giving your players the impression that you don’t think they can compete.

But we're not Huddersfield, we're Brighton, what part of that do you not understand? There is another promoted team that are below us, should we be like them too? What is your argument, I'm losing any sense of any sense.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Having Centre forwards who look like they are running through quicksand when going at full pace means we will never offer a threat going forward against the top teams. Get the pacey young striker with an eye for goal and this will change...maybe

Yeah, you're right I think. Hopefully will change in January!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A fantastic result.......we only lost 2- 0.

How I will ever get to sleep tonight heaven only knows.

....and we had ONE shot on target...oh my days, this is just amazing. Thank you Chelsea so much for allowing us on to the same pitch.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Although it could also be argued that the only reason they are above us is because they beat us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here