Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Chelsea v Palace in the FA cup semi final

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If anyone says they want Palace to win, they aint a true Brighton fan.... FACT!

Oh goody. I know how to play this game.

Anyone who tells me I'm not a true Brighton fan is a cock. Fact. Capital letters not even needed. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who said Ukraine didn't matter? What a ridiculous statement completely disconnected to the actual post.

You mentioned 'media brainwashing'. What did you mean? I took it to mean that the media are brainwashing the UK public into thinking that Putin and his oligarch chums are the enemy. An alternative take would be that you think that the media are brainwashing us into thinking that Chelsea are a tainted club owing to the unfair advantaged granted by Abramovic's sports washing, followed by his eleventh hour moonlight flit now we have called in his number. If not one of these then what?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You misunderstand how proper football fans think. Liverpool, City or Chelsea win another trophy, so what? Who cares?

Someone else wins a trophy, bugger them, why not us?

Danny Baker's as right about wishing for the crushing of underdogs as he is about despising 'Horrible suburban Crystal Palace.'

Really? I don't think so.

Let's be honest, it's pretty obvious that most neutrals would want Palace to win it than to see one of the money grabbing mega rich clubs win it as per.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really? I don't think so.

Let's be honest, it's pretty obvious that most neutrals would want Palace to win it than to see one of the money grabbing mega rich clubs win it as per.

We aren't the only club that don't like Palace.
Pretty sure a decent number of Neutrals would happily see them get stuffed by one of the big boys.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'd say the absolute opposite. Like booing the villain in drama, longing for the failure of a random football team that you would probably be supporting if you happened to have been born somewhere else, can be a safe release of negative emotion that gives you a pressure release that can help you to maintain healthy relationships with the people that are important in your real life. I don't watch the Star Wars or the Marvel films and haven't been to a panto since the kids left primary school, so I have Wilf Zaha and referee's assistants instead.

I can do the booing … but some of the hate and “you ain’t a Brighton fan unless you ….. “ is a notch or three up from that.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My best pal is one of them. And my trips to Anfield have been excellent.

I'm increasingly feeling like I'd like a palarse win in the semi. Decent players, promising manager....if it were pardew it would have been a much tougher call.

I go back to long before we were 'rivals' though. To be honest, I'm surprised so many of you care :shrug:

I care because I am interested TBH.

I love my football and cricket and tend to watch / follow local teams both pro and amateur right down to Sunday league.

I live in West Sussex but started life in south Norwood so I was born to be Palace but tend to follow west Kent , mid Sussex football and cricket having played both for 30 years in local leagues.

I also love my punk rock and Brighton still has a bit of a scene and a good scene in anarcho punk, so that brings me down to The Albert, green door store or Cowley club quite often so I am no stranger to Brighton.

So that’s why I often post on hear

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
You mentioned 'media brainwashing'. What did you mean? I took it to mean that the media are brainwashing the UK public into thinking that Putin and his oligarch chums are the enemy. An alternative take would be that you think that the media are brainwashing us into thinking that Chelsea are a tainted club owing to the unfair advantaged granted by Abramovic's sports washing, followed by his eleventh hour moonlight flit now we have called in his number. If not one of these then what?

It's the latter. Up to a month ago nobody would have wanted Palace to win this fixture, and Roman is going soon so in a few months no one will want Palace to win again, hence the brainwashing in the here and now. Anyway I'm not going to engage with you anymore, you're unreasonably rude, and constantly try and perpetuate some sort of intellectual superiority on here. You just come across as a bit of a sad old egotistical bully I'm afraid, probably masking some sort of loneliness in the real world. I'm happy NSC gives you somewhere to feel important. Toodle pip.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Surely every Brighton fan wants Palace to lose every game they play.

Some of the responses on here are the reason fans of other clubs laugh at us..... Must be the newbies, old school fans get it!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Obviously I wish for a Chelsea victory and by quite some margin, would be preferable.
Them finishing higher and appearing or wining a final would be massive slap in the face, considering our amazing start.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the latter. Up to a month ago nobody would have wanted Palace to win this fixture, and Roman is going soon so in a few months no one will want Palace to win again, hence the brainwashing in the here and now. Anyway I'm not going to engage with you anymore, you're unreasonably rude, and constantly try and perpetuate some sort of intellectual superiority on here. You just come across as a bit of a sad old egotistical bully I'm afraid, probably masking some sort of loneliness in the real world. I'm happy NSC gives you somewhere to feel important. Toodle pip.

If one feels a need to make a point then why not make it clearly? Thank you for your clarification. :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

He's not as bad as some....:cough: :cough: The opinionists are a lot more vocal in here than what they would be on/in the bars , streets and clubs of Old Brighton Town.

them the 2020's.....:facepalm:

in answer to the OP .....4-4 , extra time , multiple red cards and stretchers , both sides reported and fined for failure to control players/fans .....18/17 Chelsea by penalties , Viera snaps a hammy as he belts the losing penalty into the face of a nearby Sun cameraman.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Two of Liverpool, City or Chelsea in the final will be very boring and certainly wouldn't make me want to watch it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Up to a month ago "nobody" ... really? You feel able to speak for me and others on here??

As for your observations on what you perceive are the traits of Mr HWT ... nah, you're plain wrong!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Up to a month ago "nobody" ... really? You feel able to speak for me and others on here??

As for your observations on what you perceive are the traits of Mr HWT ... nah, you're plain wrong!

:kiss:

To be fair to him, I was a bit rough. I think I was triggered by the careless implication that criticism of Abrahamovic's ownership of Chelsea is some sort of media manipulation. I mean....really! Anyway, I didn't mean to cause such massive offense. Merely a teensy-weensy bit of offense. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I had a perception on Liverpool fans that probably wasn’t fair - out of away fan mingling this season the scousers seemed the most genuine / lacked the usual tourists. Also all seemed pretty friendly - although not sure about their obsession with dressing like they’ve robbed a Millets

Far less cocky / arrogant than Arsenal / Chelsea / Spurs etc

Correct; in recent seasons both home and away I have found the Scousers perfectly fine to mix with and many downright friendly. The fans of London clubs always seem to have the worst attitude...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here