Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Give a few weeks until you decide whether you like it. Concept looks better than BBC/ITV highlights. REMEMBER it's our game NOT THEIR'S.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lot of waffle and the adverts are a pain .

Not sure if I like the fact they show the goals not in league order.

Decent enough production . Certainly more watchable than the fls but then the action should do the talking imo.

Certainly ok though

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The question is would you rather have the old programme post match of the day (and not always transmitted) or something like this much earlier.

I prefer earlier.

Although the ideal situation would be for the premiership highlights to pick up one or two championship games like it did in the old days.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The question is would you rather have the old programme post match of the day (and not always transmitted) or something like this much earlier.

I prefer earlier.

Although the ideal situation would be for the premiership highlights to pick up one or two championship games like it did in the old days.
In the seventies MOTD used to show division three. We were frequently shown.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
what a pile of shit. Charlton win their first game of the season 'to think some tipped them for relegation' :facepalm:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The worst "highlights" show i have ever seen.
No teams put up for the main game.
No manager interviews or sound bites that you got on the FLS
Talking and questioning Virgo during the highlights
Games all over the place
Very little factual info.

I can forgive the ads. I can't forgive amateurish production and complete and utter distraction away from the highlights which is why we watch the show, not for rubbish gimmicks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Virgo is the best thing on the show. Prefer the 9pm kick off too.

Don't like the people standing around.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The worst "highlights" show i have ever seen.
No teams put up for the main game.
No manager interviews or sound bites that you got on the FLS
Talking and questioning Virgo during the highlights
Games all over the place

Very little factual info.

I can forgive the ads. I can't forgive amateurish production and complete and utter distraction away from the highlights which is why we watch the show, not for rubbish gimmicks.

I'll put you down as a maybe then

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A B Y S M A L

Scrambling the divisions. An utterly POINTLESS studio audience. Vague remarks from the studio on SOME of the goal highlights, where they clearly don't even really know who they're watching. The league tables on spinning POLES for christs sake, I've not seen anything like that since about 1976. Virgo basically talking bollocks. They're all desperately clutching C5-branded iPads for no apparent reason. And then the absolute nadir at the end, where Reading have a shot that looked for all the world like it had gone in over the line off the underside of the bar. Any replay ? Any analysis ? Nope. They just go back to a grinning Kelly and whoever that other nonentity is (I honestly have no idea who he is). She says "oh that looked in didn't it ?". He replies "Dunno Kelly, we'll have to look at it again later. Anyway, that's it for this week...."

Oh my cuffing GOD this show is the absolute pits. Amateurish, cringeworthy JUNK. Its times like this you really do appreciate just how damn good the BBC are at this stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports