Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had another look to see if the programme had improved.......

No. Still carp. There was some feeling earlier on that the presenters were OK, just the rest was all wrong, but frankly I don't even rate the presenters now. I don't know what can be done when someone has cocked up as badly as this - can the FL cancel the agreement? (Probably not, at least not without giving the cash back, which they won't ever dream of doing).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think another issue they have, is they try to cover too much and should extend the programme to 90 minute - 2 hours to get in all the coverage and get longer highlights in.

They'll never do that, it'll clash with MOTD. Can't see many viewers hanging back to watch the goals from Morcombe or Pompey when Gary and the boys have kicked off on the other side.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They'll never do that, it'll clash with MOTD. Can't see many viewers hanging back to watch the goals from Morcombe or Pompey when Gary and the boys have kicked off on the other side.

I hardly ever watch MOTD, so a few like me would watch Morecambe, although I just record it anyway to skip ahead to the Albion and the thoughts of Adam Virgo early on a Sunday morning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The problem with clubs like ours is that we're an 'inconvenience' (see also Crystal Palace FC) to the media moguls if we enjoy any modicum of success because we're not, in Championship terms, a Leeds, Forest, Derby or a QPR.

Reckon C5 just look at the clubs with the biggest catchment area, and the biggest fan base within that catchment area i.e. those they can flog most advertising to, and allocate airtime on that basis.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Reckon C5 just look at the clubs with the biggest catchment area, and the biggest fan base within that catchment area i.e. those they can flog most advertising to, and allocate airtime on that basis.

You mean like Brighton? About 10th largest population in England!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The show so far, has been a ' Burnley love-in ' Twice they have started the programme and last night there were extended highlights again, with a Dyche interview thrown in for good measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here