Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sky mentioned the Shoreham tribute and showed a brief series of images before they showed Hemed's goal on their goal round up on Sky Sports News etc even though its a "goals only" hour.This was probably an editorial mistake by C5.

As for giving the Albion only 30 seconds. that was fair enough. The match itself was uneventful and only 2 weeks ago Albion v Ipswich was given 8mins+

We all know that if two MASSIVE clubs (you know the ones) had been first and second in the division, and had played each other, with the air crash tribute as a back story, , they'd have had 10 plus minutes.
Unfortunately, we aren't that big a draw outside of Sussex.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
C5 really are taking the p#ss. Tossers

It may seem so but as the input originates from Sky, who do not appear particulary to like us, because perhaps we are too remote or possibly the Amex is a difficult stadium to set up from.

Neither, nor indeed any other, reason/excuse is valid but there we are, so I agree !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may seem so but as the input originates from Sky, who do not appear particulary to like us, because perhaps we are too remote or possibly the Amex is a difficult stadium to set up from.

Neither, nor indeed any other, reason/excuse is valid but there we are, so I agree !

Miles wide of the mark. Sky LOVE the Amex. It was designed for them - camera positions and cable access holes everywhere they need them. Dedicated studio overlooking the pitch,etc.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am glad we still get a free air to view Football league show. here come the however;

No coverage or mention of the pre match tribute - its like their is no producer and they take a standard feed of just the football.

Camera footage is poor quality and all from one high up shot from most games

The studio has dark lighting and a live audience that look bored with poor interaction with presenters.

Presenters are probably the best thing, so why the need to make them walk around and try to interact with the audience.

Really poor, I will keep popping in to watch the limited highlight (seagulls player is far better) and in hope they turn it around.

Very poor the lack of coverage of the tributes yesterday.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
We didn't even get a commentator. Michael Gray did a bit of impro work from the studio.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Remote from where?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Talk about blink and you miss it! The sooner we get promoted and get a 20 minute top billing on MOTD the better. Wankers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
COG did everything right in that Forest win, looked like he has slotted straight in to their system. Good luck to him

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What the hell was that? I'm watching it now and we barely even got shown.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder at what point will C5 stop treating BHAFC as a Championship afterthought to be got out of the way as quickly as possible? They're just making themselves look stupid.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
What a crock of shite the C5 coverage of us is. I always thought that the BBC's coverage of us was bad , but being top of the league I expected more. Gutted to have to miss the match as dropping my daughter to University so I expected to be able to enjoy some highlights

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think another issue they have, is they try to cover too much and should extend the programme to 90 minute - 2 hours to get in all the coverage and get longer highlights in.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I wonder at what point will C5 stop treating BHAFC as a Championship afterthought to be got out of the way as quickly as possible? They're just making themselves look stupid.

The problem with clubs like ours is that we're an 'inconvenience' (see also Crystal Palace FC) to the media moguls if we enjoy any modicum of success because we're not, in Championship terms, a Leeds, Forest, Derby or a QPR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here