Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like Adam Virgo, but such a shame he ever got involved with this shit.

All I want from any football highlights show is just that, 'football highlights', not loads of opinions from irritating individuals, most of which I disagree with anyway.

And what are those young kids and old dears doing there standing behind the presenters?, what relevance do they have to the programme? I doubt they are even real football fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The timings of the Saturday night show and of the Sunday morning repeat are decent. Tho it's the same old grainy 30 seconds of the Albion showing only the goals at the very tail end of the Champiionship segment. Hardly worth bothering about really.

And might be a trick of the light, but IMHO Adam Virgo is increasingly morphing into David Walliams :ohmy:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
And what are those young kids and old dears doing there standing behind the presenters?, what relevance do they have to the programme? I doubt they are even real football fans.

Have to agree with that, looked like they had just been walking past the studio and been offered £50 to stand there for an hour. Perfect politically correct crowd as well, a gender balanced multicultural family, just like you see at every football match I'd have thought !!! That Indian lady looked very confused !!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Showing the programme's impeccable equality and diversity qualifications - you missed the two token Asians, the two token Chinese, token young female, etc, all sharing that incredible blank look of total indifference. Ditch the audience; replace with manikins or garden gnomes (which will contribute just as much or as little to the programme as real humans, but possibly marginally more animated) if you can't bear to have just a wall and a logo in the background.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Anyone else noticed that attractive blonde female 'audience member' being strategically placed behind every interviewee, including our Adam? #desperate and archaic strategy to keep male viewers watching.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone else noticed that attractive blonde female 'audience member' being strategically placed behind every interviewee, including our Adam? #desperate and archaic strategy to keep male viewers watching.
I was just about to post this! Stick a couple of hot birds in the background and it suddenly becomes more interesting

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Strange watching a women pretend she cares about football #womensrights

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It seems Channel 5 have made a conscious effort to make the programme very different to the BBC's show and try to jazz it up with needless gimmicks which just take up time. That's a pity really because the only major thing that was wrong with the BBC programme was it was on so late, but that could always be remedied by watching the repeat on Sunday morning. OK, it had 2 things wrong as it also had Steve Claridge, but it did the simple things right like concentrating on the highlights and running the action in something like a logical order. Channel 5's show seems to be aimed at the hyperactive teenager market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here