Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Fans on Buckley to Brighton

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
More importantly than that, we utterly played them off the park. I doubt anyone is thinking we're going to piss it but we have THREE VERY GOOD reasons to be confident:

We have the best manager outside of the Prem.
We utterly pissed League One, we were the best team by a country mile.
We totally outclassed both Championship sides we played last season.

Three very genuine and sensible factors to suggest we should do alright.

see now im not being negative but i dont even fully agree with this

why is Poyet defintly the best manger outside of the Prem? Again i will reserve judgement until 10+ games into the season! i bet you wont say that if we take 5 points from the first 10!
2nd point - overall yes we were obviously the best side as we won the league but we failed to beat Southampton,huddersfield and Bournmeouth who were rivals throughout the season!
point 3 - agreed

im just concerned that with such high expectation from some of our fans what happens if we are sitting in the bottom 3 after 10 games? poyet outs from these people who feel that we will reach the play offs?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Well that was an entertaining read - thank God Turkey restored some sanity through his comments.

To be fair I don't think many Brighton fans on that forum said anything out of the ordinary, I don't know where all the "you think you're going to come up, piss the league, and cherry-pick clubs' best players" came from! The Reading fan was particularly amusing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2nd point - overall yes we were obviously the best side as we won the league but we failed to beat Southampton,huddersfield and Bournmeouth who were rivals throughout the season!

Bournemouth - We would have beaten comfortably at home but for a ridiculous decision from the linesman, and a ref who didn't hav the courage of his convictions.
Southampton - injured murray, injured ankergren, and were fighting for their lives while we had taken the foot off the gas because we had already won the league. Could have bat them at st mary's but for a saved penalty.
Huddersfield - Again, we had already won the league when we played them, and despite taking our foot off the gas I thought we outplayed them for the majority of that match, only losing because of errors that were mostly due to switching off after having won the league, not because of the quality of hudders.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth - We would have beaten comfortably at home but for a ridiculous decision from the linesman, and a ref who didn't hav the courage of his convictions.
Southampton - injured murray, injured ankergren, and were fighting for their lives while we had taken the foot off the gas because we had already won the league. Could have bat them at st mary's but for a saved penalty.
Huddersfield - Again, we had already won the league when we played them, and despite taking our foot off the gas I thought we outplayed them for the majority of that match, only losing because of errors that were mostly due to switching off after having won the league, not because of the quality of hudders.

depends how you look at it.

Could say got battered at Saints , deserved to lose at Bourne and Hudds

Home

Saints we were up for it but lost
Hudds - bit lucky but lost
Bournemouth - granted lucky

Can take whatever spin you like on these

Regarding Buckley he sounds like a very good player so be happy to have him

Chances next year - would still bite your hand off for a mid table finish and beating The Scum

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
More importantly than that, we utterly played them off the park. I doubt anyone is thinking we're going to piss it but we have THREE VERY GOOD reasons to be confident:

We have the best manager outside of the Prem.
We utterly pissed League One, we were the best team by a country mile.
We totally outclassed both Championship sides we played last season.

Three very genuine and sensible factors to suggest we should do alright.

1 Maybe
2 We struggled against the 2 biggest teams in the League, SCC & Hudds. There are going to be many teams similar to these 2 next season
3 We were underdogs in a Cup Competition in those games, 'totally outcalssed' ? ? I suggest not.

We are getting ahead of ourselves if we think the results against Watford & Pompey mean that we will find it comfortable in Division2 next season

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
soon we will be singing.

WE ARE BRIGHTON WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE ARE BRIGHTON. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
soon we will be singing.

WE ARE BRIGHTON WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. WE ARE BRIGHTON. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU.

No, we won't

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Intersesting thread on Footballforums regarding Buckley. did'nt see it on the list but apologies if repeated

" Love how Brighton fans are coming up expecting to piss it and take their pick of anyone they want, based on the fact they have a nice new ground "

Will Buckley- Watford

and a chairman with ambitions!!!! who wants to get us to the prem league...f*** em all....we are going places, tony wants glory and 1st class footy....if you got it.........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

We hadn't won the league when we lost to Huddersfield in December.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4124060 said:
Says the well respected pillar of the Albion community.

Is that you on there then ?, same name but the fact you hadn't mentioned putting your finger up your arse suggested it was someone else. :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We hadn't won the league when we lost to Huddersfield in December.

No, but the sentiment I was replying to was that we couldn't beat them at all over the season, and in that second game we outplayed them and lost only because of mistakes made as a result of switching off that I believe wouldn't have happened if we still had something to play for, so over the course of the season we would have beaten them once out of two tries.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is that you on there then ?, same name but the fact you hadn't mentioned putting your finger up your arse suggested it was someone else. :shrug:
Very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here