Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Fans on Buckley to Brighton

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Intersesting thread on Footballforums regarding Buckley. did'nt see it on the list but apologies if repeated

" Love how Brighton fans are coming up expecting to piss it and take their pick of anyone they want, based on the fact they have a nice new ground "

Will Buckley- Watford

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Christ the Brighton fans on there are f***ing idiots though. Watford are a much more established and better side than us.

Having read the thread I've gotta agree with you !!! Our guys were asking to be shot at with those comments - some people need to stop acting like big time charlies just cos we've snow got a good team and a shiny new stadium, we've gotta prove ourselves in this division first

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Christ the Brighton fans on there are f***ing idiots though. Watford are a much more established and better side than us.

Exactly what I was going to say. People are getting ahead of themselves- we got promoted from league 1, stop giving it the biggun

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
the last thing we need is to get way ahead of ourselves.. I think many champ fans will be pleased to see us back in the league but whilst we are potentially bigger than Watford it may pay to be a little less in there faces.. at least until Christmas.

Having said that I do think that project Poyet may be more exciting than playing for a club that needs to sell to maintain the books i.e watford... only time will tell on Buckley but the Watford fans seem to rate him highly at £2-3 million.. hes out of our league me thinks ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Well, when we have Gav1901 and Danny Seagull representing us, we are going to look like a bunch of twats arnt we.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Luckily Turkey's views on there seem to closely resemble the vast majority of Albion fans. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but christ, don't make us look like big time charlie's before a ball is even kicked.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree whole heartedly with the consensus that we mustn't get above our station but those Watford fans seem mighty nervous. It was revealed by watford that we had put in 2 bids for Buckley and that sounds to me like they are trying to boost his price as they are under intense pressure to sell players. They have done extremely well over the last 10 yrs and we have achieved diddlysquat yet in the championship but tides turn and with the signing of Hoskins and hopefully a summer of exciting signings I am as ever optimistic about the coming season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It is hardly a backwards move is it?.What difference does it make that they have been in that league for a while?,Preston were in it for a while.They are a mid table team that has got to sell players.The ground is shit and the pitch even worse.I know where i would rather play if i had to decide.For all they spout on there,i havn't actually seen any Albion fans saying we will romp the league.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wow, never considered us to be a particularly offensive club but we don't appear to be endearing ourselves to the rest of the championship on those boards!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
we're having a mare on that site!! So many of our fans are getting ahead of ourselves, and as the Forest fan stated before a ball has even been kicked! Yes we are on the up and have a brand spanking new stadium etc etc but i wont be getting confident and showing it until at least 10+ games in and i have seen enough to warrant comments about staying in the league/pushing for play offs etc. I know its silly season now until August but some of our lot need to take a step back. Lets look forward to it but not be arrogant.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No doubt there are some people who have a slightly higher opinion of us than most but it's worth remembering we did knock Watford out of the cup at Vicarage Road.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No doubt there are some people who have a slightly higher opinion of us than most but it's worth remembering we did knock Watford out of the cup at Vicarage Road.

More importantly than that, we utterly played them off the park. I doubt anyone is thinking we're going to piss it but we have THREE VERY GOOD reasons to be confident:

We have the best manager outside of the Prem.
We utterly pissed League One, we were the best team by a country mile.
We totally outclassed both Championship sides we played last season.

Three very genuine and sensible factors to suggest we should do alright.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Chris Gav is an embarassment on that thread. I'm sorry but just because we beat Watford doesn't mean we are a more established club that them. Let's be realistic.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
More importantly than that, we utterly played them off the park. I doubt anyone is thinking we're going to piss it but we have THREE VERY GOOD reasons to be confident:

We have the best manager outside of the Prem.
We utterly pissed League One, we were the best team by a country mile.
We totally outclassed both Championship sides we played last season.

Three very genuine and sensible factors to suggest we should do alright.

this
but lets keep any excitement under our hats until we really have something to shout about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here