[Albion] Champions League final group fixtures

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd take not winning on Thursday if it guaranteed Braga - bad, bad, selfish fan.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
BBC is wrong.

Benfica would be incredible too. Better than Galatasaray IMO.

Stadium holds 65,000 so plenty of tickets, and we've beaten Ajax so Ajax + Benfica in a season would mean I could retire as a football fan in total happiness.

Still hoping we win on Thursday and have one less game though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, if we don’t win on Thursday we have a 2 in 8 chance of playing a Portuguese side - and could be 3 in 8 if Shakhtar beat Porto tomorrow.
Off to Turkey we go then.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes - just checked the rules. Benfica scored more away goals in the head-to-heads. What a way to go out!!
Away goals in head to head results was last used as a tiebreaker in the 20-21 season.

Benfica scored more goals in all group games so that’s why they went through. Had they not scored that late goal Salzburg would have gone through on goals difference in head to head matches.

This is how teams are split -

1. Points in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  4. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
  5. Goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Goals scored in all group matches;
  7. Away goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Wins in all group matches;
  9. Away wins in all group matches;
  10. Disciplinary points (direct red card = 3 points; double yellow card = 3 points; single yellow card = 1 point);
  11. UEFA club coefficient.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While 'they' are discussing 'Im a Celebrity...'.
I think Tyler designed a Farage Tifo which, ironically, Surrey Nigel very much objected to. The alternative tribute to Nella Rose wasn't carried either as the meeting wasn't quorate, what with the trains from Reigate being cancelled and no one wanting to walk round Thornton Heath after 6pm.

In the end they settled for meeting up at the same time, same place, next week and singing 'Woooooaaaaaaargggh' while dressed in Primark's new 'black rainwear' range and colouring in some bog roll.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's ridiculous we're even discussing this!

:dezerbi:
I assume your point is "we'll win on Thursday, so all third place CL teams will be irrelevant to us".

If so, I say: not really - I'm interested to know what teams are dropping into the Europa League and who we may be facing in the round-of-16.

From what I can see looking at last year's tournament, the group winners do not face each other initially, with each one drawn against a winner of the intermediate knockout stage. So, in short, there could be a CL third place side in our near future one way or another!

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
So the third-placed teams are: Galatasaray, Lens, Braga, Benfica, Feyenoord, Newcastle/Milan, Young Boys & Porto/Shakhtar Donetsk.

Portugal please! 😎

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports