Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Champions League final group fixtures

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst we hope the third-placed teams won't be of immediate interest to us, we won't know that until about 10pm on Thursday night, so Tuesday and Wednesday night's fixtures will be of more interest than usual...

Tuesday 12th December​

GROUP A​

FC Copenhagen v Galatasaray
Manchester United v Bayern Munich

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.18.57.png

GROUP B​

Lens v Sevilla (17:45)
PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal (17:45)

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.19.41.png

GROUP C​

1. FC Union Berlin v Real Madrid
Napoli v Sporting Braga

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.20.13.png

GROUP D​

FC Red Bull Salzburg v Benfica
Inter Milan v Real Sociedad

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.20.43.png

Wednesday 13th December​

GROUP E​

Atlético Madrid v Lazio
Celtic v Feyenoord

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.21.21.png

GROUP F​

Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint Germain
Newcastle United v AC Milan

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.21.59.png

GROUP G​

Red Star Belgrade v Manchester City (17:45)
RB Leipzig v Young Boys (17:45)

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.22.34.png

GROUP H​

FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk
Royal Antwerp v Barcelona

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 23.23.02.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I fear that, for the first time, I am not supporting a couple of the English teams. We could do without Newcastle United and Manchester United dropping down.

My worry would be that Bayern Munich play in cruise control and lose. Who wouldn't fancy AC MIlan ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As much as I hate to say it I want Man Utd to pull it out of the bag and get through. It will help the chances of a 5th champions league spot which we have an outside chance of getting.
Indeed - things going in favour of both United and Newcastle could be beneficial for the Premier League, hence us also.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed - things going in favour of both United and Newcastle could be beneficial for the Premier League, hence us also.
I'm normally up with these things. How does the FA get another place ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The top two countries in the UEFA coefficient rankings get a 5th Champions League spot.

The current table is here - you need to sort the table on the 23/24 column. England are currently 4th, but it's tight. Having clubs progress through to the Champions League knockout phase helps boost a country's coefficient.

CL i believe is changing format again next year with more places up for grabs. Extra places will be allocated by the best net coefficient or some crap like that. i.e. teams in say 5th place with higher Europe rankings. So no guys WE WONT GET A PLACE IF WE FINISH 5th

The top two countries in the UEFA coefficient rankings get a 5th Champions League spot.

The current table is here - you need to sort the table on the 23/24 column. England are currently 4th, but it's tight. Having clubs progress through to the Champions League knockout phase helps boost a country's coefficient.

u beat me to it but i thought the TEAM coefficient counted too so no way we would get spot if we finish 5th??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
u beat me to it but i thought the TEAM coefficient counted too so no way we would get spot if we finish 5th??
I'm not sure about that bit, but regardless I assume the train of thought is if the Premier League gets five Champions League spaces, Europa League and Conference qualification becomes easier by moving down a PL place, subject to FA Cup winner etc.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The two associations with the best co-efficient score for the 23-24 season will get an extra place. If the PL get that spot it will go to the team finishing 5th in the table regardless of individual team co-efficient, it could in theory go to a team who have never played in Europe before if they finish 5th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Galatasary away might make it to Albion+ members :oops:
I am wondering if NSC's 'Tales from the Continent', are making those that didn't travel more or less likely to go to the next one.

On the face of it any run of fixtures ending in tear gas would suggest not.
Yet 'greatest Albion away game ever', also gets pinned on any one of the 3 games, suggesting twinges of jealousy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am wondering if NSC's 'Tales from the Continent', are making those that didn't travel more or less likely to go to the next one.

Yet 'greatest Albion away game ever', also gets pinned on any one of the 3 games, suggesting twinges of jealousy.
Interesting question……..suspect the vast majority that did one or all of the games will jump at the chance to do it all again :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Tear Gas and Zaha together at Galatasaray.

He'd be crying all week if we play them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting question……..suspect the vast majority that did one or all of the games will jump at the chance to do it all again :shrug:
Yes, I have no doubt about that, but those that didn't?

Are they inspired to go next or put off by what could be taken as negatives, when read in isolation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here