Brighton, United Kingdom
Yorkie said:
I'm gutted but wish him well.
i echo everything Yorkie just said , knocked me for 6 this , gutted :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gutted but we are so short of funds it is to good to turn down.

We may well gain three reasonable players from this and it helps out the financial situation.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
A good bit of business. Although he done well last season up front, he was never going to be an out and out striker. I think up front this season, he would have been a lot more ordinary.

As a defender, a good one, but not a £1.5 million player. Remember a year or so ago, he was about to go on a free, and noone would have battered an eyelid.

Good luck to him though.:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Mr Burns said:
A good bit of business. Although he done well last season up front, he was never going to be an out and out striker. I think up front this season, he would have been a lot more ordinary.

As a defender, a good one, but not a £1.5 million player. Remember a year or so ago, he was about to go on a free, and noone would have battered an eyelid.

Good luck to him though.:clap2:

exactly - well happy with the money, but sad to see him leave

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Yorkie said:
WE managed to stay up without Cullip and Currie.

I like the look of CKR working with Knight and we are trialling a defender who looked pretty good so dont write us off this season yet.

I know i know Yorks,Dick and MM probably know what they're doing but aren't we supposed to be building a young squad for the future? Where's the local heartbeat now?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Maybe as part of the deal, we should have made them take Mark McCammon with him. But then we'd probably only got a million for the pair!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brixtaan said:
I know i know Yorks,Dick and MM probably know what they're doing but aren't we supposed to be building a young squad for the future? Where's the local heartbeat now?

We've still got the youngsters. Hammond, Robinson, Elphick, Rents, Breach etc

They just need a bit more experience.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
We are going to have to sign quite a few quality players in the coming weeks. Our squad was thread bare as it was and now Harding and Virgo have gone in the close season.

Must be pretty demorlising for the rest of the team to slowly see the side that started last year go off to better things.

Does not sound like much of the £1.5million will be spent on squad stengthening either :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Virgs has had some bad times recently with the sad loss of his father!

I for one would like to wish him all the best and pleased he is going to not just the next level but also to a great club!

For our point of view, I for am gutted but for the club it's great business, not only that is the fact that realistically you have to look at the clubs situation.

In sad way, it's great news and good luck Virgs! You will be on the Next Albion Legends Mug!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here