Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Tried the chicken in a box last night which was excellent. They forgot the the coleslaw, but I didn't, and that was really good too.

Interesting points about contactless cards. Surely all the big banks have contactless cards available now, although I know some credit cards, such as M & S don't. As for Cash only, this always looks like a new business or market stall mentality. Banks usually charge more to handle cash than electronic transactions.

What sort of chicken is it? KFC style?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Tried the chicken in a box last night which was excellent. They forgot the the coleslaw, but I didn't, and that was really good too.

Interesting points about contactless cards. Surely all the big banks have contactless cards available now, although I know some credit cards, such as M & S don't. As for Cash only, this always looks like a new business or market stall mentality. Banks usually charge more to handle cash than electronic transactions.
My bank charges 0.6% to bank my cash. Cards are 12p on debit card and 1.2 on cc. Considering the hassle/time/cost of banking Cash, cards are definitely preferable. Would think the caterers would be encouraging this. Timewise also a contactless transaction is quicker to do than Cash, especially with a muppet behind the till!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I thought the service was good last night. Got my prematch pint instantly at around 6.50 from WSU North end kiosk. Halftime pint from the Harveys and chicken kiosk again no waiting, with the kiosk operator constantly pouring so the pints were instantly available, good work. Then post match pint again no queues. Along with my easy journey in on the train, it was a rather surreal experience getting served so well at every turn.

That said I still agree with the rants about the lack of card tills, it is lame in the extreme.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
10 minute queue pre match in West Lower- no butter chicken pies but I'll get over it. Made me chuckle to see after the match all the pie warming stores were then rammed full of pies. I asked if they ever sell any off cheap when they have so many left- 'nah, they all get chucked In the bin' was the response.

I wonder if there is a charity or something who might want to collect all that food going to waste? There must be loads of it some days.

There where hundreads left in the West Lower after the game too, all destined for the bin. Seems a real shame.

On a more positive note queue's in the West Upper where much better. A Fosters only stand may have helped with that, however why not a Harveys one?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Very rarely bother with half time refreshment but must admit last night I gave up a fruitless quest for a Twix on the North concourse after what seemed like 15 minutes of aimless shuffling. It was probably only 10 mins but queues were VERY slow and mobile Harveys dispensers would certainly have helped.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
don't know if it's come up in the rest of the thread as don't have time to go through it all but I always like the 'Argos' approach some McDonalds have where you pay for food at a terminal and then queue to collect it - would that work in this instance? Especially if you could streamline it so that instead of using a terminal you could use an app and order from your seat :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was an improvement last night at WSU North end but, even so, when you see the till operator having to pull pints you despair.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I must say the service was a lot better last night in the WSU less queues one extra fosters bar that's better but can we have our Harvey's bar back. But ill be interested how they will cope when we have thirty thousand in the ground .

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Half time is for players to rest, not for 20,000 people to get a pint comfortably. Just something to remember.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Had a pie for the first time in about a year last night.

What the hell has happened to them? Mine was all leek, with one lump of chicken and a complete absence of gammon. In addition the pastry was completely undercooked, despite being as hot as the sun somehow.

Are Piglets resting on their laurels? I recall chomping into a pie full to the brim with chicken for that first game against Donny Rovers in 2011... #Thegamehasgone

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Maybe there should be express tills for those just buying an item or two? I get irritated waiting behind someone buying for their entire family/friends etc. especially when they come up to them to change/place their order when they've got to the front.

Also can we have some half decent wine? Charging £4+ for the rubbishy little bottles in the East Stand is a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have trouble pouring Harveys Ouse Water or Lager do you expect them to cater for wine connosieurs with varying tastes. Possibly get away with a Medoc, Sauvignon Blanc and Rose but that means having 3 bottles open. The answer is better quality small bottles but would supporters pay the price.

Another answer of course is to franchise the serverys out to fast food outlets like KFC Burger King and perhaps a brewer. It wouldnt affect me as I have stopped buying food and drink taking my own with me from home.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Another answer of course is to franchise the serverys out to fast food outlets like KFC Burger King and perhaps a brewer. It wouldnt affect me as I have stopped buying food and drink taking my own with me from home.

KFC/Burger King *are* franchises. They don't operate branches themselves in any great number or at all. They'd appoint someone like, oh, Sodexo to run one in a stadium...

I have used some terrible Burger Kings run by Select Service Partner for instance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here