Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I noticed in the ESU that there were no signs indicating which tills were cash only and which tills were excepting cards. It turned out nearly all of them were cash only. Resulting in many getting to the front of the queue and then having to turn around and go back to the other queue at the other end due to not having facility to take card! Why are there cash only tills? Surely if one till Can accept a card or contactless payment, then they all can!?

The answer is because nobody (in the club) gives a f***k any more about us, the customers.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Sodexo win awards you know !! Is what the club keeps responding to me when I complain, think them Southern Rail
Are up there as 2 of the worst companies I have come across, simply appalling service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The answer is because nobody (in the club) gives a f***k any more about us, the customers.

That is my feeling. I can't believe out of everyone involved in the club, no one noticed the new signs don't tell you what queue is what. Surely there is proof of the designs, walk rounds before the season starts etc ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That is my feeling. I can't believe out of everyone involved in the club, no one noticed the new signs don't tell you what queue is what. Surely there is proof of the designs, walk rounds before the season starts etc ?

Those card machines are everywhere, you hardly go anywhere where they don't accept card. The biggest thing I don't get is why if you have 1 or 2 card machines working in the ESU, then why not all of them? Unprofessional shit shower is the conclusion I've come to and sadly it does seem no one gives a crap because this has been going on for sometime. It's not even about the signs, it's more about completely inept organisation. The Albion have gone backwards since E-cash!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Unprofessional shit shower is the conclusion I've come to and sadly it does seem no one gives a crap because this has been going on for sometime. It's not even about the signs, it's more about completely inept organisation. The Albion have gone backwards since E-cash!

This is very much nail on the head, inept staff brought in from agencies that are not given any training. Order a Guiness to be told that they dont do Guiness even though there is a pump behind with someone pulling from it. Staff wandering around at snails pace. Managers just standing about looking busy when they should be helping the staff. One person pre pouring pints and no signs relating to what you can pay with. The list could go on and one.

Someone at the club really needs to pull there finger out, hopefully we will see a change tonight but i very much doubt it.

This is very much nail on the head, inept staff brought in from agencies that are not given any training. Order a Guiness to be told that they dont do Guiness even though there is a pump behind with someone pulling from it. Staff wandering around at snails pace. Managers just standing about looking busy when they should be helping the staff. One person pre pouring pints and no signs relating to what you can pay with. The list could go on and one.

Someone at the club really needs to pull there finger out, hopefully we will see a change tonight but i very much doubt it.

Did mention the short comings 5 years ago and got shouted down:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The ironical thing is many said they expected a contractor for the first 5 years and then the club to learn and take over the catering in direct management. That now seems unlikely and a good source of income going begging.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The ironical thing is many said they expected a contractor for the first 5 years and then the club to learn and take over the catering in direct management. That now seems unlikely and a good source of income going begging.

Did they? I remember Paul Barber saying it was unlikely due to the massive overhead on the club to take it in-house.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bringing your own food and drink to the Amex!
I know there's a thread on this somewhere but can't find it anywhere. Are you allowed to do this in a bag? Was going to bring some treats / water in my bag for the kids tonight - never had to worry about it before so thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

If it was financially viable for the football club I'm sure Bloom/Barber would be on it like a shot. It obviously isn't that's why it is outsourced.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I know there's a thread on this somewhere but can't find it anywhere. Are you allowed to do this in a bag? Was going to bring some treats / water in my bag for the kids tonight - never had to worry about it before so thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer...

Found something! From 2013, but it seems that many do and imagine there'd have been a stink on here if it had changed.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've taken stuff in a light rucksack since the Amex opened. Plastic bottle drinks, flask, cups, sandwiches, sweets, although not usually at the same time!

However, no cans, aerosols, knives and forks or probably picnic hampers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here