Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Piglets now provide MK and Reading and The Oval - hence quality for us is going down as they get too big

Typical business model. Expand - see your profits rise and then decide to compromise on quality
because even more profits.loom. F*** the customer attitude, we don't need you any more.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Can someone start a poll re Cash vs Card

As in should the club abolish cash only tills?

I know for a fact that they're all enabled for contactless acceptance.

It's bnllshit!

Then perhaps I/we have something tangible we're able to feed back to the club. Can't tell you how disappointed I was to see the signs back for Rotherham.

In 2016, I should be able to pay with card/contactless(Apple Pay) at any till. Ridiculous!

...and if you want a contactless card, just ask your issuer for one. They don't send them out until they cycle and require replacing anyway. (Unless you ask)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Typical business model. Expand - see your profits rise and then decide to compromise on quality
because even more profits.loom. F*** the customer attitude, we don't need you any more.

Piglets Pies use the same suppliers, the pies are the same size, and they use the same ingredients as when they launched with the Albion in 2011*

*unless you think they're lying.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Piglets Pies use the same suppliers, the pies are the same size, and they use the same ingredients as when they launched with the Albion in 2011*

My H/T time chicken and ham pie in WSU was hot, well-filled, crispy and delicious. Same as it ever was.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Can someone start a poll re Cash vs Card

As in should the club abolish cash only tills?

I know for a fact that they're all enabled for contactless acceptance.

It's bnllshit!

Then perhaps I/we have something tangible we're able to feed back to the club. Can't tell you how disappointed I was to see the signs back for Rotherham.

In 2016, I should be able to pay with card/contactless(Apple Pay) at any till. Ridiculous!

...and if you want a contactless card, just ask your issuer for one. They don't send them out until they cycle and require replacing anyway. (Unless you ask)

Completely agree with this. Contactless is a technology developed to make the payment faster than cash or chip and pin, with the primary use case being for fast food outlets. So why have the club taken the retrograde step to run cash only tills - especially when the major sponsor is American Express?? Completely baffling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Contactless also carries a lower transaction charge than chip/pin I believe.

I must admit with a modern stadium it seems totally backwards that we penalise those wanting to pay by card but offering less queues. I'd say it is quicker than cash too, especially given the time it takes someone to count change, or realise they haven't got enough change and have to find some in another till.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Less than average quality, size is probably a quarter less than at first.

When this has come up before. I've asked them and they've said publicly that this is simply not true.
Same ingredients. Same size. Same recipe.

[tweet]655042552966619136[/tweet]

When this has come up before. I've asked them and they've said publicly that this is simply not true.
Same ingredients. Same size. Same recipe.

[tweet]655042552966619136[/tweet]

Same ingredients and recipe maybe, however if I went to Tesco and bought Everyday Value mince, everyday value other ingredients then made a bolognese it would taste different if the ingredients were middle ground priced stuff.

I could still say however it was made with the same ingredients and the same recipe.

As for the size, granted I haven't bought one since season 1 at the Amex but my mate does, the one he had Friday was tiny.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
don't know if it's come up in the rest of the thread as don't have time to go through it all but I always like the 'Argos' approach some McDonalds have where you pay for food at a terminal and then queue to collect it - would that work in this instance? Especially if you could streamline it so that instead of using a terminal you could use an app and order from your seat :thumbsup:

Yes. I like this too as these people seem to queue for ages whilst I stroll to the front and order from a member of staff as usual.

I work in Sales Jem, I have never once lied to a customer, sometimes however I don't tell the truth.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...As for the size, granted I haven't bought one since season 1 at the Amex but my mate does, the one he had Friday was tiny.

Strange... the one I bought from WSU North End was exactly the same size as it ever was. If they are baked in standard 'tins' it would seem pretty much impossible to get one of different size??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

That is exactly what it is beginning to look like-they must be getting inspiration from The Albion. That should wake this thread up:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, they have always been the same size for me.

While I think the recipe of some has changed slightly over time, i.e my beef pie on Monday had a slightly strange taste, too much balsamic / wine / vinegar or something, they've always been similar. Sometimes you seem to get less 'meat' but this is probably due to wider production and lack of consistency to 'balance' the meat out or whatever. Not knowing anything about pie manufacturer I won't guess why this is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here