Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think there were ever any vegetables in the steak pie. It was always full of meat and thick gravy. (Ashamedly I consume one almost every game) There is now a lot of carrot and onion and the taste has changed a LOT. It's a fact I am afraid. It's not the same pie, that's how much it has changed. The gravy is bitter and not to my taste at all. I didn't even finish it. I handed it to my mate. I couldn't. I went from loving it, to hating it and switching to the chicken. How can you(Jem/Bozza) argue with that?

I'm not arguing and, as a veggie, I'm not speaking from consumption/experience either.

I'm merely speaking as I find in that the Piglets team seem a really decent, honest and bloody hard working group of folk.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
BUT I will say that in order to give way to the vegetables that are now included in the Steak pie there is less meat.

Although that could be down to the pie lottery I was talking about. For me it's 50/50 at the moment, 2 pies at 2 different games where one had loads of meat and one didn't have much at all.

I actually prefer the taste of these ones with more onion, in the past I've tended to go for the Chicken or the guest as I found the steak slightly bland so I'll take one for the team and continue the pie meat survey/experiment!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Jem, assuming you've sampled a few steak pies in the past you should try one at the next game and see if you think it's changed.

In the two I've had so far you get a definite hit of acidity that didn't used to be there.

I genuinely can't tell any difference.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How can you(Jem/Bozza) argue with that?

I'm just reporting back what Piglets are saying about their pies, which i do eat myself, at every home game.
There's dozens of posts on here implying or outright saying unfairly that the quality, ingredients, costs , size are cheaper and worse since 2011.
Given i like em as a company (they seem to be doing the right thing, and i'm glad the club has paid a role in that) then i'm happy to defend them by quoting what they've said in tweets denying this. I'm sure they're frustrated that they have to keep doing this.
As for the recipe then they say otherwise but ask them on Twitter etc They nearly always reply and are happy to talk to Albion fans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They keep saying they aren't.

Here they are confirming today in case the previous tweet from last season doesn't suffice.

[tweet]766322920973099008[/tweet]

That only says they are still making them the same way-no mention of 'to the same recipe'. People are saying that there are carrots and onions in the Steak pies which was not the case in previous seasons so there has to have been a change.

Doesn't matter to me now-between Piglet's declining quality and Sodexo's laughable service I no longer buy food at The Amex.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I'm not arguing and, as a veggie, I'm not speaking from consumption/experience either.

I'm merely speaking as I find in that the Piglets team seem a really decent, honest and bloody hard working group of folk.

I get that impression too. I think that's fair.

There's dozens of posts on here implying or outright saying unfairly that the quality, ingredients, costs , size are cheaper and worse since 2011.

I think I've made it clear I'm not doing any of that. I'm stating facts not conjecture. The pie now contains vegetable. In previous seasons it did not. It has changed.

Have you had a steak pie at the AMEX this season?

there are carrots and onions in the Steak pies which was not the case in previous seasons so there has to have been a change.

Simply, this.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Why do people need to even buy food during a match? I don't mean to sound vindictive or deliberately awkward here, but many of us would quite rightly moan at people who eat snacks during a movie at the cinema...or munching on hot food during a 30 minute train journey to work. The availability of refreshments needn't be a pre-requisite to an enjoyable spectating experience at the Amex.

Drinks are a different matter IMO, but when it comes to pies and hot dogs and crisps, just eat in town or BYO :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do people need to buy food during a match?

Drinks are a different matter IMO, but when it comes to pies and hot dogs and crisps, just eat in town or BYO :shrug:

I stopped buying drinks when I found a coke or 7 up was over £2 so now buy 2 in Poundland and bring them with me complete with a roll, made at home for half time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do people need to even buy food during a match? I don't mean to sound vindictive or deliberately awkward here, but many of us would quite rightly moan at people who eat snacks during a movie at the cinema...or munching on hot food during a 30 minute train journey to work. The availability of refreshments needn't be a pre-requisite to an enjoyable spectating experience at the Amex.

If I'm rushing there from work of an evening, then the first chance I get to cram something hot down my gaping maw is when I arrive at the Amex.

Unless you can get there about an hour beforehand, Sodexo are making that very difficult.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I'm rushing there from work of an evening, then the first chance I get to cram something hot down my gaping maw is when I arrive at the Amex.

Unless you can get there about an hour beforehand, Sodexo are making that very difficult.

Do you not travel by public transport and pass fast food places.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
I am lucky to arrive hour or so before ko, in North, never had a problem with the food or the drink, service can be a little variable but can excuse that (sadly tolerant).
I do not have a half time drink/food so unable to make a comment about that.
REALLY did enjoy the Naania Curry and Rice where they used to serve the pizzas before.
If they keep having that, I will be first in the queue!!!!
Will still have my Pie as well...Greedy b'stard

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Not a case of must eat, it is a case of, if a product is made available for sale, said item should be of a certain quality, just because it is at a football match shouldn't matter.
If you bought something in a fast food restaurant, or even from a general stare, if the quality is not that of which you would have expected, you would return it and expect a refund, also if you went to a bar and the beer was already 75% pored out, then just topped up and handed to you, you would refuse it, why should this be any different at a football ground, especially when the visiting fans are treated so much better.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Re the Club Media Team, are you ready to pass this one on?

Absolutely, without exception, the most appalling, incompetent, and ill trained staff and service ever in the Overline Lounge today.

One card machine for the whole bar. And the staff had NO IDEA how to use it., and I mean NO IDEA.

Bloke behind the bar must have scooped at least a pint out of every pint he poured as he had no idea how to pour a pint, had a head of bubbles half way down the glass EVERY TIME HE POURED A PINT.

A young lass, very willing, but admitted that NO-ONE had shown get how to pour a short drink, made a complete hash of it and had to pour it away and pour another one.

How much do you think you are saving after scrapping the half time tea?

£1200 a year, well done for getting that out of us for this season.

Media Team, feed this back, the service in the Overline lounge is rock bottom, it HAS NEVER Been worse. The staff you employ are rabbits in the headlights, you've had six years to sort this out, what do YOU think we should do now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here