Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Cars

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sure the heart of many may be the same, but the overall vehicles (including the different electrical components you mention) are going to have different reliability results.

What's your source for them getting their components from Slovakia and Czech Republic?
When parts deliveries arrived they had come from one of the factories in either country. As I said earlier, if Kia were out of stock of a particular part a Hyundai part was used instead, had no bearing on the warranty as it’s all one and the same.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Honda. All you need is a Honda. The only thing you'll ever need to replace is the tyres and exhuast.

I adore my Civic.
I had a CR-V. Needed a new instrument cluster at 8 years old. Honda wanted £1200. Needed an engine mount for MoT. None in the country and not due for two months.
For that reason, I'm oot.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I want it to get me to work and back, not be best mates with it.
Car people are f***ing weird. Actually scratch that as i recall bicycle weirdo is on this thread too. People that obsess on one form of transport are f***ing weird.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I currently don't drive (after an accident) but got the insurance money through. The thought of driving again does scare me a bit but once I'm better, an electric small car would suit me with a passenger.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When parts deliveries arrived they had come from one of the factories in either country.

Maybe that was for one specific model, but I think most parts come from China and S.Korea itself.

As I said earlier, if Kia were out of stock of a particular part a Hyundai part was used instead, had no bearing on the warranty as it’s all one and the same.
Yeah I believe you, although I would be surprised if neither make had some specific parts which weren't interchangeable, and regardless of that, the electronics alone are going to cause some variation in reliability.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Maybe that was for one specific model, but I think most parts come from China and S.Korea itself.
All European Hyundai and Kia vehicles are assembled in Slovakia and Czech Republic using parts mainly sourced in Europe. If you need a non stock warranty part it’s coming directly from the European factory that stocks every single part as that’s where they build the cars. It was a running joke at our dealership as one of our booking agents was Slovakian. Imagine the wait time if you needed parts that were only stocked in Korea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Personal mobility was an issue for me and getting older, so I needed something of an SUV to make it easier getting in and out. Doesn’t have to be a big beast but worth bearing in mind.
That has been very much my reasoning for buying cars in recent years. Purchased a new Ford C-Max in 2004, and near on ten years later l am still driving them, a mixture of new and used, and on my fifth example now.

Easy to get into and out of, nice high driving position, reliable, fuel efficient. Not a driver's car l'll grant you, bland and unexciting perhaps, but it certainly does the job for me.

Such a shame that Ford have stopped making them, the last one came off the production line in 2019, and never really been replaced.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Hyundai or Kia for reliability. Avoid anything diesel if you’re doing town driving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here