Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Cars

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Had 4 of these and it is an amazing car.

CCD8A038-8A2A-40F2-A21C-3ED75636DF6F.jpeg

JamieR

Jan 25, 2020
Given the stupid price of second hand cars at the moment, I would stick with what you have if it's not absolutely knackered. How old is it and the mileage? Garage down the road is asking £9k for a 6 year old i10!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Dacia right up there :lolol:

What a load of tosh those ratings are in the main :rolleyes:

Do Which carry a shitload of Japanese adverts?
What? The Japanese cars head the reliability surveys from pretty much everyone don't they? They make reliable cars.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What? The Japanese cars head the reliability surveys from pretty much everyone don't they? They make reliable cars.
More to do with the number of laughable one star reviews, no doubt the Japs make reliable cars. I had a Lexus and yes it was totally reliable but dull doesn’t cover it as a driving experience

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s impressive how Hyundai and Kia have different results despite being the same cars, literally built with the same components.
The results are practically the same, and it's reasonable to expect that one will do slightly better than the other due to the random nature of cars. eg, we could both buy the exact same car from the same garage, but one will break down before the other.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I’m looking for advice on a getting a new car.
I’ve had my current car for the last 10 years. I’ve done a lot of miles in it and it probably won’t pass another MOT. It’s also not worth anything other than scrappage. I own it out right and don’t particularly want to fork out a lot for finance.
I do rely on the car to get to work, as it’s somewhere not otherwise connected to transport and it’s a 50 mile round trip per day.
Don’t want anything flashy or big. (On street parking).
New or used?
How important is low mileage?
Any makes/models that are known for being unreliable?
Is it time to go electric/hybrid etc? (Do occasionally drive in ULEZ and current car is compliant.
C63 Estate. Thank me later

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
More to do with the number of laughable one star reviews, no doubt the Japs make reliable cars. I had a Lexus and yes it was totally reliable but dull doesn’t cover it as a driving experience
But it's not an excitement survey.

What was it that you found dull by the way?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But it's not an excitement survey.

What was it that you found dull by the way?
The fact that it’s the only car I’ve ever owned that made me drive like an 80 year old because it was so uninspiring. Probably not a bad thing in fairness. It didn’t do exhilarating but it was better built than any other car I’ve owned.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s impressive how Hyundai and Kia have different results despite being the same cars, literally built with the same components.
good spot. think the ratings in these surveys are skewed by expectations and cost of repair. generally cars are much more reliable these days, so the difference between each star must be quite minor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given the stupid price of second hand cars at the moment, I would stick with what you have if it's not absolutely knackered. How old is it and the mileage? Garage down the road is asking £9k for a 6 year old i10!
I'd take a fraction of that for my 9 year old i10! Worst car (of its time) that I've ever had - and I've had two 2CVs and a Lada 1500 Estate!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The new top of the range BMW and Alfa SUVs. BMW outsell Alfa by a ridiculous percentage. All I can say is WTF?

624C7A3D-B95D-4F40-AA0A-8D91C0E35C4F.jpeg
90979675-C542-49E4-9269-99EED9D0DD3E.jpeg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The results are practically the same, and it's reasonable to expect that one will do slightly better than the other due to the random nature of cars. eg, we could both buy the exact same car from the same garage, but one will break down before the other.
Personally I would expect, given a large enough sample time, that any defects and break downs etc would average themselves out given that they are the same item.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here