Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
EVERYONE PLEASE CALM DOWN. Yes, we'd like to be winning, and we're not at our absolute best but-Cardiff are at home and have barely set foot in our half. There is very little space to go forward into hence the sideways passing. We need pace in the side but the opposition's lack of ambition is making it difficult to break them down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
EVERYONE PLEASE CALM DOWN. Yes, we'd like to be winning, and we're not at our absolute best but-Cardiff are at home and have barely set foot in our half. There is very little space to go forward into hence the sideways passing. We need pace in the side but the opposition's lack of ambition is making it difficult to break them down.
Spot on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Reminiscent of two seasons ago - a total bore fest. Baldock nick d a ball off a defender and squared it for Murray to take an air shot at. That's it. We really miss Knockheart - no creativity. Skalak off, Knocky on would be my call at half time. It's been like watching a poor Poyet game - stroking the ball back and forth across our back 4 with Stephens or Sidwell getting a pass to help it along its way to the other side.

FFS Albion, where's our energy and drive?

One good thing - they don't look like scoring.

Last three games, I think we have been missing Kayal as he tends to provide drive and urgency from the middle

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Reminiscent of two seasons ago - a total bore fest. Baldock nick d a ball off a defender and squared it for Murray to take an air shot at. That's it. We really miss Knockheart - no creativity. Skalak off, Knocky on would be my call at half time. It's been like watching a poor Poyet game - stroking the ball back and forth across our back 4 with Stephens or Sidwell getting a pass to help it along its way to the other side.

FFS Albion, where's our energy and drive?

One good thing - they don't look like scoring.

When Duffy has the ball, Bruno is stood beside him instead of moving up the line into space and take out their player with a simple pass

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Hughton's salty tongue has had a half to get a taste of the opposition. Level playing field so far. Will he bring on the match winners from a list of Knocky, March or Hemed??? Who knows where the Hughton salt blows????

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thought going by the stats we'd not entered their half as we didn't have a shot til about 40 mins compared to their 4....just hope it improves as it sounds horrific :D

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No as we can't afford to go a goal down....Must start on the front foot and give Cardiff something to think about as we're making it so easy for them and have nothing going forward what's so ever.

We do start on the right foot and normally get a couple of chances, but if we don't score it becomes a bit of a sparring match for the 1st half. You have to pace the team over 90 mins and I am sure we will turn the screw.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Doubt Hughton will make changes til 70 mins possibily or until we go a goal down....certainly not playing like a side in second... more like a side bottom!!

Don't worry, March will come on with 2 minutes left probably to air his shorts as he broke wind.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]805079873945567233[/tweet]

Singing for Knockaert.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't worry, March will come on with 2 minutes left probably to air his shorts terms he broke wind.

You've only been registered since March. I don't think you get NSC yet. Our moaners and whingers only rear up when we're losing. You'll learn. I do look forward to you trolling us when we do drop three points, I think you have a talent to do it.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Huge opportunity today for a massive psychological boost to the club if we go top. Hope CH is a bit more adventurous in the second half and doesn't stick to the 'draw away, win at home will get us up' tactics. This is an entirely winnable match against a lowly team with a poor defense. Let's hope we'll be more agressive and take the game to Cardiff. Come on you Seagulls - let's go for it second half and get above the Toon! :albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Everyone behind failing at the half time mark..................except Wednesday, Norwich and Derby (and Huddersfield on level pegging)...........

Reading? Birmingham? Directly behind us? Did I miss something? So going 5 clear as opposed to 4 means no-one is failing? Okie dokie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here