Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car parking and stewarding.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Next time you car drivers are all queuing, can you get out of the bus lane please and stop buggering up the transport for everyone else. Cheers :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Does the fact that no-one has posted about Bennetts Field mean they are still stuck in there? :eek:

I think the Bennets field massive are mostly silent due to empathy....BF was madness again monday night,but no shocker there.I guess the UNI parkers are getting a taste of what we experience every game.Saying that its not right.

There is a serious flaw in the transport policy with regard to cars,this seems to be exacerbated with midweek games when i presume peoples plans fluctuate.People on here dont really help by saying leave earlier and sort yourself out or get the park and ride "i am home in 30 mins" or my favorite " ha ha.....posh people with 4x4`s stuck in car park"

The fact of the matter is people travel by various means for various reasons,by all accounts the trains and the park and ride are(apart from the odd exception) now working well after initial problems.The car situation though is absolute chaos.I fully expect to spend some time queuing to get in and queuing to get out......but is playing bumper cars sometimes up to 90 mins after the final whistle acceptable?I think you would agree probably not.

I will still reluctantly put up with it,but answer this question...... how many will give the whole game a swerve because they are car drivers and cant be dealing with it(especially week games and on TV as well),if that is even one person then the club needs to look into this issue closely and do their utmost to improve the situation.It is after all in the interests of everyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our group has always been shocked at the number do we really need 4-5 stewards at the entrance to a car park?? However the most concerning thing is how many people will be put off going to games where transport is not included as it is such a ball ache getting in and out.

Whenever this is raised the same 'all car parks were cleared within 2 hours of the final whistle' metric gets trotted out as a measure of success without any acknowledgement of people's experiences.

Last night someone raised concern with the transport manager and the response was
[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]transport: Oh dear how frustrating Dont forget it always takes 1hr20m to clear car parks. Dont matter if you sit in a car or in lounge/concourse #bhafc

So basically sit in your car or a lounge as you are not getting out anytime soon. And we wonder why so many leave early!!!!!

Is that message seriously from the transport manager? What a knob.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does the fact that no-one has posted about Bennetts Field mean they are still stuck in there? :eek:

The fact is that these paltry stories of 45 minute waits to get in and out of the Uni car park pale into insignificance compared to the sink hole that is Bennets Field for every single game.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The fact is that these paltry stories of 45 minute waits to get in and out of the Uni car park pale into insignificance compared to the sink hole that is Bennets Field for every single game.

Join the Bennets Field Escape Committee mate,we need new members and are confident of a mass breakout and a "Home Run" fairly soon....can you speak goon(steward)?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is that message seriously from the transport manager? What a knob.

I am afraid it is (see below)!!

e2ebemy6.jpg

Love this one as well

a9ydeqa8.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Join the Bennets Field Escape Committee mate,we need new members and are confident of a mass breakout and a "Home Run" fairly soon....can you speak goon(steward)?

Sorry to say that I've given up, and now get to the stadium by other means, as have 3 other friends. At least it should free up the scrum by the tune of 2 cars per game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think the Bennets field massive are mostly silent due to empathy....BF was madness again monday night,but no shocker there.I guess the UNI parkers are getting a taste of what we experience every game.Saying that its not right.

There is a serious flaw in the transport policy with regard to cars,this seems to be exacerbated with midweek games when i presume peoples plans fluctuate.People on here dont really help by saying leave earlier and sort yourself out or get the park and ride "i am home in 30 mins" or my favorite " ha ha.....posh people with 4x4`s stuck in car park"

The fact of the matter is people travel by various means for various reasons,by all accounts the trains and the park and ride are(apart from the odd exception) now working well after initial problems.The car situation though is absolute chaos.I fully expect to spend some time queuing to get in and queuing to get out......but is playing bumper cars sometimes up to 90 mins after the final whistle acceptable?I think you would agree probably not.

I will still reluctantly put up with it,but answer this question...... how many will give the whole game a swerve because they are car drivers and cant be dealing with it(especially week games and on TV as well),if that is even one person then the club needs to look into this issue closely and do their utmost to improve the situation.It is after all in the interests of everyone.

I gave the Hull game a miss in large part because I couldnt face an avoidable night spent in BF.
After the Leeds game I spent longer escaping BF than I had spent in the stadium and I then have a 200 mile drive home.

Sadly the responses of the club's Traffic Manager seem to range between complacent and rude.
It's a mess.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I gave the Hull game a miss in large part because I couldnt face an avoidable night spent in BF.
After the Leeds game I spent longer escaping BF than I had spent in the stadium and I then have a 200 mile drive home.

Sadly the responses of the club's Traffic Manager seem to range between complacent and rude.
It's mess.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
From what I have read on here, BF has always been nightmare. The issue on Monday was that the previously excellent Uni was equally dreadful. That is the issue the club need to address - what went wrong, what are the lessons to be learnt and how can it be avoided in the future. I'd be surprised if the answer didn't at least involve training stewards properly.

Kevin1024

Jan 15, 2012
Not only was there ridiculous wait to on the A27 which would have been much better if the bridge had been open. You have no drop off at falmer station for safety reasons but nothing to prevent IGNORANT SELFISH people passing the Q and pushing in, stopping in the hatch marks on the raised section, a serious accident waiting to happen.Getting back to the car was a problem. the Railway Bridge was blocked so pedestrian access to the car park was blocked. Stewards were not managing the situation, I mentioned it to a Plod, politely, as a possible improvement and that was met with raging apathy. Even then we weren't finished.Leaving the Uni,2 streams merge. It was wet dark so visibility impaired, Stewards everywhere but not clear whether they were alternating flow, the weren't they were doing ****all. I don't know how much we are paying for it but it is too much. we could send them home 2 hours before kick off and it would be any worse.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I will still reluctantly put up with it,but answer this question...... how many will give the whole game a swerve because they are car drivers and cant be dealing with it

We don't go to midweek games anymore very much because of the traffic chaos. We'll likely give up our ST's next season too as the benefit becomes marginal so we'll pick and chose Saturdays.

But hey! we're only 2 and in a minority so who cares?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
next time there is a club/supporter meeting i hope all these issues can be raised...i don't generally have a problem (apart from tuesday) as i pay someone a small fee to park on there property in coldean...but the responses from the transport manager should be looked into and obviously the stewarding in the car parks judging from what is said on here needs to be addressed.....to balance the stewarding comments i have always found them polite and efficient at the stadium and average to good at bridge car park on the odd occasion i use it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
next time there is a club/supporter meeting i hope all these issues can be raised

It might be a start but it's a general meeting and I guess most going will be those that use train or local buses which seem to be OK. Also the possibility if raised that the majority attending won't recognise the issues and there may not be the degree of support needed to get the club to take a proper look at it.

Ultimately the club should be conducting a proper structured information gathering exercise, identifying the issues and then looking at every possible remedy (using as much as possible those fans that are impacted). The clown that is the Transport Manager has shown little if any interest so far and I'm not sure how or if it changes anytime soon

We don't go to midweek games anymore very much because of the traffic chaos. We'll likely give up our ST's next season too as the benefit becomes marginal so we'll pick and chose Saturdays.

But hey! we're only 2 and in a minority so who cares?

This..Saturdays only for me as well. I have tried every method of getting from Felpham to the Amex midweek and it is just not worth it! Shame but I suppose albion's progress has come at a cost for me.

Part of me misses withdean. Left Bognor at 6.45pm and arrive at 7.20, beer, nosebag, match and home by 10.20pm. Got wet and cold but never really bothered me. It felt as though we were all in this together( before Cameron ruined the phrase). Now I am a number and cow laden full of cash ready to be milked and fobbed off.

The rise of the albion has sadly sprinted away whilst I limp along chasing!

Still a Gull, but a few less turnstile thigh bruises for me!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well the presence of some of the more sober-minded NSC posters with complaints should be ringing the alarm bells in the Transport office. Sounds as though some of the stewards are taking the money and not doing their job - either because they do not know their job, or they are not beng supervised. Someone needs to take it all in hand.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It might be a start but it's a general meeting and I guess most going will be those that use train or local buses which seem to be OK. Also the possibility if raised that the majority attending won't recognise the issues and there may not be the degree of support needed to get the club to take a proper look at it.

Ultimately the club should be conducting a proper structured information gathering exercise, identifying the issues and then looking at every possible remedy (using as much as possible those fans that are impacted). The clown that is the Transport Manager has shown little if any interest so far and I'm not sure how or if it changes anytime soon

Are people copying in Barber? As surely he wouldn't be happy about all this....i see some people are tweeting..all well and good at the time, but i would be following it up with a letter/email

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I have used a variety of different transport methods and routes in the last 3 years. Prior to this Monday, the uni car park had been very good. Only on one occasion before had it been a faff getting out and that was my fault for following cars from car park 2.

This week however was a mare arriving (leaving not so bad). I too was told that the car parks were full despite me having pre booked. I also heard people saying they hadn't booked or paid but had got in. I can understand that when the queues formed the priority is to get people in but allowing pay on the day didn work.

I joined the queue on the falmer road at 6.25 and got parked up in car park 1at 7.25. I had my 4 and 7 year old with me and they were both good as gold jogging across to the stadium and were sat down by the time the teams came out. Afterwards we got back to the car and they quickly fell asleep. Seeing the traffic not moving we sat still and actually moved off at 10.30. When I use race hill park and ride, I'm usually home by 10.25. This time it was 10.45. So not that awful.

In simple terms (and trying to be constructive) I know the idea was to reduce costs but ideally if there is to be pay on the day parking it should perhaps have been located at the bridge with ticket only for uni.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here