Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car parking and stewarding.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're right of course but it's a sad reflection of things that PB has to be involved just to get some attention

Yes Barber shouldn't have to ..one presumes the transport manager is well paid for his responsibilities of what one imagines is a difficult job, but what would irk me is this apparent indifference to peoples complaints..Barber points out communication, one wonders how that works with the transport manager down to the stewards at the car parks

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
For what it's worth, I thought BF was remarkably clear on Monday. Normally it's shite, but I left at the final whistle, got in the car at 9.45 drove virtually unchallenged to just short of the car park exit and was out of the ground on the A27 by 5 past 10. Couldn't understand the lack of the normal blockage. Must have hit a lucky 5 min window if other people on here still had problems.
I am sure they will get me next time, but credit where credits due.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope you also sent a copy of your email to the transport manager?

His name and email address is on this thread.

Just got this back and I think it is a reasonable response:

Dear Green Cross Code Man,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced last night. We did suffer* a combination of serious operational problems, but despite these issues clearly we did not handle the situation as well as we might have done.

We have launched an inquiry into what went wrong and I would be grateful if you will bear with us while we try to find the causes and consider what action to take to improve the situation in the future.

As soon as we have completed this process we will respond and hopefully address all the issues that have been raised.

Thank you for your comments which we are considering very carefully and once again I apologise for the problems you and other supporters encountered.

Steve Reeves
Transport Manager

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Thank you for your e-mail. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced last night. We did suffer* a combination of serious operational problems, but despite these issues clearly we did not handle the situation as well as we might have done.

We have launched an inquiry into what went wrong and I would be grateful if you will bear with us while we try to find the causes and consider what action to take to improve the situation in the future.

As soon as we have completed this process we will respond and hopefully address all the issues that have been raised.

Thank you for your comments which we are considering very carefully and once again I apologise for the problems you and other supporters encountered.

Steve Reeves
Transport Manager

Sounds to me that he has been summoned to PB's office to give a more in depth report of what occurred on Monday evening and now there is be an investigation to see if a remedy can be found.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
To me, it sounds like Paul Barber got pissed off copping a load of flack about transport issues, when he has a transport manager who has told him everything is fine.
Now he has had a load of moaning e-mails coming directly to him, he has ordered a full report of exactly what did go on.

Jul 7, 2003

Steve Reeves
Transport Manager

A reasonable response but also identical to the one that I received to the email I sent to him (copied to PB).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sounds to me that he has been summoned to PB's office to give a more in depth report of what occurred on Monday evening and now there is be an investigation to see if a remedy can be found.

I would agree with that. The tone of that reply is very different to the one I received from him when I raised issues regarding the P&R last year.

I have put a suggestion on ATC that a meeting could be arranged between the transport manager and a group of supporters who use various different methods of transport to The Amex.

I can't see that any harm can come out of it.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Steve Reeves
Transport Manager

Someone's been summoned to the headmaster's study.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Steve Reeves
Transport Manager

Well he can write a nice email!

I imagine the problems with Uni parking Monday night can be easily resolved and not repeated. But there are many other improvements that could be made to transport, partic P&R, that this fella needs to get on to. I'm not confident given previous form

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Sounds hopeful provided it begins to address all the problems in and around the car parks and stadium. One concern is that it might just be a rushed response to the issues raised in the last few days. In some ways it might be better if the club were to announce a full-scale review, including a consultation with supporters, during the close-season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sounds hopeful provided it begins to address all the problems in and around the car parks and stadium. One concern is that it might just be a rushed response to the issues raised in the last few days. In some ways it might be better if the club were to announce a full-scale review, including a consultation with supporters, during the close-season.

Absolutely this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sadly I shan't be holding my breath for an improvement in Bennetts Field but anything anywhere is better than nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here