Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car parking and stewarding.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sadly I shan't be holding my breath for an improvement in Bennetts Field but anything anywhere is better than nothing.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Just followed this thread through. Just like to add my name (and our group) to the list of fans that have given up on evening games due to the car parking fiascos. Missing evening games means that the 1901 and/or season ticket costs work out too high and we wont be renewing. Seems a bit daft and unnecessary to be put in this situation really.

(Catering doesnt help the mood either!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport 3m
Make sure you buy a copy of programme today. It has a full report on what went wrong at Sussex on Monday & what changes we will 1/2 #BHAFC

Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport 1m
2/2 be introducing from the weekend of 8th/9th March to improve parking operations & speed P&R's get away from stadium #BHAFC

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I can't get along today but would be really interested to know what it says in the programme about what went wrong on Monday etc if anyone could be kind enough to put it on here later.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport 3m
Make sure you buy a copy of programme today. It has a full report on what went wrong at Sussex on Monday & what changes we will 1/2 #BHAFC

Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport 1m
2/2 be introducing from the weekend of 8th/9th March to improve parking operations & speed P&R's get away from stadium #BHAFC

***Sneak Preview***

Steve writes:

"Having been accused of being patronising and complacent by fans, I was this week called in front of Paul Barber to explain what had happened in the Uni car park at the Hull game. I explained that the problems had been caused by a combination of the weather, cancelled trains, a broken down bus in the uni and general mayhem, and was in no way influenced by me staffing the car parks with untrained, disinterested stewards who, judging by their ability to shrug, are mostly French. In particular, the fact that many fans reported seeing cars parked in unauthorised spaces all over the uni should not be interpreted as meaning that I oversold the number of spaces. I was asked to investigate the situation and report back in this programme. There is not enough space to print it in full, so here is the executive summary:

It's too complicated for you to understand; it's all someone else's problem and there's nothing I can do.

Hope that helps. You have not been charged for this information."

Paul Barber writes:

"Actually they have. £3.50. FFP."

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
It will be worth the £3.50, just to find out what changes are to be made and if they are going to include a sensible solution regarding the chaotic access over the railway bridge to the UNI car parks.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Scan_20140222_190639.jpg

Scan_20140222_190639_001.jpg

I hope the above is readable.

The most controversial part as far as I can see is that the exit from the Bennet's Field Car Park will be closed on the 70th minute of the game and not reopen until 45 minutes after the end of the match at the earliest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite stringent new rules but will they work ?

Personally have never driven to the Amex for a game only come back by car.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
So, basically, what it all comes down to is that the club accepts no responsibility for the appallingly bad design of the whole parking area and any congestion is all the fault of its paying "customers".Oh yes, if you didn't buy a programme today you probably won't have a clue what's going on!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, basically, what it all comes down to is that the club accepts no responsibility for the appallingly bad design of the whole parking area and any congestion is all the fault of its paying "customers".Oh yes, if you didn't buy a programme today you probably won't have a clue what's going on!

Surely the only real control the club had over the design of a parking area is Bennetts field and they are making changes by introducing calming measures which one assumes you can only follow one route out and not jump the queue. The fact that they are making changes seems they are accepting that things aren't perfect. The problem seems to be due to a small minority of knobs spoiling it for everyone else.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Incredibly bizarre decision on the Bennets Field front.

No one gets out of the car park in 45 minutes anyway, so there improvement is to make that official!!

And note the minimum time comment.

Will watch this with interest.

More interestingly there seems to be a suggestion in the transport managers tweets that a more permanent solution will be ready for next season. New exit perhaps?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

No. What it comes down to is the club speeding the process of getting to and from games for the vast majority of fans. Those in Bennett's Field have the chance to get a pass at the university which, most of the time, flows really well. It's ludicrous that buses moving thousands of people are battling with cars holding three or four. Getting them away quicker speeds everything up overall. Apart from those who have mobility issues, there really is no reason for anyone in a car to get priority at a stadium that is very well served by public transport.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I have to say I don't like his tone about people who PAY a significant amount to park close to the stadium. Whilst he can trot out crap about priority to sustainable methods the reality is if all these people jumped on the other methods offered they would be flooded. I feel for those in Bennets field and what is being proposed is disgusting especially for night games when people work the next day. I would imagine a lot of people who use these parking facilities are those with longer journeys. Be interesting to see how this plays out in reality

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Appears that the car park stewards and traffic marshalls from next month will have to actually perform the job that they are being paid to do and will no longer be able to skive.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know its been suggested many times before ,but an eastern approach park and ride ,would help immensely.IMO

It's called a train. Free from Lewes and arrives in 8 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here