Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Captain?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if forster was fit, then i would prefer him to be captain, but with his injury problems last year i think it may well be virgo. Interesting what murraymints said, if virgo is captain, then one of tunnicliffe or elphick will be on the bench with whing at right back?

elphick will be benched

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh yeah, intersting point, forgot about that, surely that suggests that it will be Virgs and Elphick CB.

Does anybody know if JT can play left back, before McNulty is back?

Said he can play Right back, but he feels he is best in the middle, think we would be better of bringing in a natural left back to cover Mcnulty.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Said he can play Right back, but he feels he is best in the middle, think we would be better of bringing in a natural left back to cover Mcnulty.

we still (so far) have a left back ............................Lynch

does Virgo really play 5-a-side?? surely there's something in his contract to prevent him from doing so... I'm not calling you a liar, it just seems very suprising!

I was surprised by both him being captain and also playing five-a-side although I think it was just a fitness thing over the summer but he has been 110% playing.

I still think that Forster will run out as captain however I can't see why Virgo would bother lying to his friends. Anyway he lives at the other end of my road and the next time I see him I will ask him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
we still (so far) have a left back ............................Lynch

Sorry forgot about lynch, were he to leave though i was saying that tunnicliffe would not want to play left back and we would need someone to cover for Mcnulty.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can see McNulty getting it one day.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Forster is a great captain, but its better for a defender to be so they can see what is going on, on field, better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Forster will be captain again I would think, if he's injured I expect it will be Virgo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Virgo should and will be captain and that Tunnicliffe will play at right back initially with Whing at left back to cover for McNulty unless RS has sorted out Lynch's head.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Who has ever suggested that he will be on the bench and not in the starting line up. I think it is virtually gauranteed he will start in the centre of defence.

Nobody has, just in my eyes I don't see him in the starting XI, Whing RB, Tunnicliffe and Elphick CB and a loan signing playing LB until Jimmy Mac returns.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yes it does - a really good Captain is a huge asset to any team - Virgs would get my vote :bowdown:
im not convinced !! im sure whoever it is fozzie? virgo? elphick? or anyone else will play the same way no matter if they have an arm band on or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here