Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we ever change this mentality?

Just to reiterate the **** I was previously talking about, here's a snippet from our MSN conversation just now.

Johnnie says: The prem is shit, you could predict 4 brackets of 5 times pretty comfortably.
Jack says: doesnt matter, the title race is still exciting u cudnt predict if us or man u would win yet.
Johnnie says: you're a twat, you know that right?
Jack says: shutup its better than the shitty championship that brighton r in.

just use MSN to beat your meat to teenage girls, it's what it was invented for.

While helping at scouts i got the same thing from them asking what team u support, and i tell them Worthing (who are my first team) and Brighton. They then go on about premiership and how my teams are shit and its just one of those rolling your eyes moments, and it just opitimises the culture that has been glorified in this country by the likes of glory hunters and Sky. Luckily quite a few of them are regulars at Woodside Road which is good to see.

I think other comments on here have basically said other things that i have to say as well on the matter.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It doesnt just stick to youth, it just happens. Ive been in that type of conversation throughout my life. Its just how it is, and it seems if you havent won the Premiership, FA Cup or Champions League then your team does not exist.

When you tell them you dont support one of the big 4 they seem really offended.
Ask them why they support the team they do you never get a good answer.
Chelsea fans ALL supported them the year before Abramovich took over
Man U fans ALL say because their dad did
Liverpool fans always say its because Ian Rush was a good player
Arsenal fans always say they like passing football

When you go to England games you see all the flags being put up in the ground around thet own England are playing and well over 90% of the flags will be teams not in the premiership, and put up by fans who love their local team and football for game and not for the money.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
TBH, this is really common now throughout Europe... in many ways England is the last bastion of the support-your-local-team culture.

Long may it continue!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Friend of mine older than me(61) says he has always supported MU but always rings me when the footy is on TV and when I say MU are on he did'nt know yet he has all the paraphernalia ,cap scarf ect and he has lived in Brighton all his life QUESTION........should I forgive him his ignorance?

Stumpy Tim

I travel in Asia quite a lot and am always asked who I support. Thinking they'll never know who Brighton are I always explain how my team are two divisions below the Premiership blah blah blah. When I say "Brighton" I'm amazed the number of people who know who we are... Of course they all support the top 4, but it surprises me they know who Brighton are.

Any then yesterday in Kuala Lumpur I got the surprise of a life. A Malaysian guy asked me who I support, I said "well they're 2 divisions below the Premiership" and his response was, "Oh- the same as my team, I support Leyton Orient"... I was speechless

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The point needs to be made that before the mid-90s the only time a non-top flight team would make it onto the telly is in the MOTD highlights. Now even the likes of Crawley and Ebbsfleet get a regular outing, and all teams get highlights shown at some stage.

The only problem is the lack of decent stadia. I commend any parent who takes their kid to the Withdean because I probably wouldn't bother until the club gets decent facilities.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I get the same thing as Conboy non stop and always the same comments "but Brighton are shit"

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Iv given up arguing with friends about it and had many a heated discussion over brighton with them, it useally ends up with them calling brighton shit and me explaining that if twats like them didnt support muggy teams like united and watched brighton or there local teams everyone would be on alot more even playing field!

Even the argument of... fine support united but that waste of £40 on a shitty united shirt could be put to two albions games a year, imagine if everyone or even a small amount of people in brighton did this the amount it would effect attendances on a weekly basis!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its very rare you meet an Arsenal fan that goes to games, I know of one, and he posts on here. But why do they need to go to the games?

They have had their last 3 matches live on TV, and there next 2 matches are also live on TV

Thats 5 matches in a row that they have played, 3 in the league and 2 in Champions League.

But yet they still moan they are rubbish, even though they win 70% of their games, have a spanking new stadium, the best players, the best style, challenge for the leagues, cups and Europe and the manager who changed the way every other team in the country is run

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Dont' you just hate it when man u fans and chelsea and all that shit have the cheek to laugh at the fact Brighton are in league 1... i didn't choose my team, i was born into it and have love for brighton. They all choose there teams, their excuse for this is 'my parents support them' then their glory supporters aswell!:rolleyes:

Jimmy Grimble

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I get the same thing as Conboy non stop and always the same comments "but Brighton are shit"

You have me to thank for that :albion2: at the end of the day Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham and Tottenham fans are glory hunters, if they were in league 1 they wouldn't go to the games, thats why i somehow respect Leeds fans staying loyal to their club :laugh: , funny how there are so many fans in Brighton of different teams with their different excuses and stories like my mum's from Manchester but they don't go and watch their beloved team in Moscow PLASTICS:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here