Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we ever change this mentality?

If you go into the major sports retailers they only stock replica tops from the main clubs in the Premier , national sides and mega European clubs. They have distribution agreements between the manufacturers and clubs to protect their profit margin. Most clubs have their club shop integrated into the stadium so the only retail outlet is there or online.

I'm sure some of them could be persauded into a bit of 'sale or return' from local clubs in order to get a few locals in. Seems sound marketing to me.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Sounds a c*unt. The bastards should be lined up and shot. In the foot. Just to let 'em know they're c*unts. If they still persist with the same bollocks cut off their hands. I reckon' that's fair enough. :drink:

you make valid points, conboy

:thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you go into the major sports retailers they only stock replica tops from the main clubs in the Premier , national sides and mega European clubs. They have distribution agreements between the manufacturers and clubs to protect their profit margin. Most clubs have their club shop integrated into the stadium so the only retail outlet is there or online.

For sure, but that's no reason not to give it a go. Where's the tie-in with the local schools and/or the language schools? Could easily give out shitloads of match tickets with a voucher for a half-price shirt or something. Why not entice the holidaymakers along to an August game? Don't think the club's ever seriously tried to do anything in that direction - tho you could once upon a time buy Skint tee-shirts at Rounder Records. Pretty neat they were too. Still see a few of those at Withdean.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Whenever i call people glory hunters they always say they arent as they have supported their team since they were 3 years old, and have every shirt since, but have never seen them play live. Half the people i know who supports prem teams dont know who they have signed half the time, know players round about age [1 man u fan said he has been supporting them 'since he was 6' thoughtt Wes Brown was about 19] and dont even know exactly where thei stadium is. Ridicul-arse.

Ishmael Arat

Call me Ishmael
Aug 9, 2008
Are you two going to spend all evening wanking each other off?

Bring back National Service I say.

Know what you mean. The most common reaction I get to me telling people my team, other then the obligatory, "No, what proper/Premiership team?" is a patronizing "Ooooh really?" and a stare like I'm some sort of long extinct relic from a bygone age or a bizarre quirk of nature only found in books from one of those witchcraft shops you find in the Lanes.

Jimmy Grimble

Jimmy Grimble

Jimmy Grimble

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Non-league supporters are the real fans, we are just glory hunters.

Jimmy Grimble

Just to reiterate the **** I was previously talking about, here's a snippet from our MSN conversation just now.

Johnnie says: The prem is shit, you could predict 4 brackets of 5 times pretty comfortably.
Jack says: doesnt matter, the title race is still exciting u cudnt predict if us or man u would win yet.
Johnnie says: you're a twat, you know that right?
Jack says: shutup its better than the shitty championship that brighton r in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here