Can we beat Southampton...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
if we play like we did in the second half today minus the mistakes we will be fine we looked like the old brighton up to this point. Also please start Murray on tuesday gus he looked desperate to score today

(Ankergren) Brez

Calderon,Greer,El Abd,Painter

Bennett,Kish,Dicker,Smith

Murray,(Barnes) Wood

Bench: Wankergren,Dunk,Baz,Barnes,Hart

This gives me more confidence.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Thing is we have lost the ability to open up defences and tend to resort to long ball every now and then.

Soton could get messy and a bad loss

Jesus Christ you are clueless. We are still opening teams up. The problem is we are not taking chances and not staying tight at the back. I 'spose you reckon we should get Tunnicliffe back still... :lolol:

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
I am annoyed as much as the rest of you we didn't win today, we should have won and didn't. But for goodness sake of course we can beat southampton, they are 8 points behind us in the league, and if they were that good, they would be where we are. People are so depressing on here, we are 4 points clear at the top, and people are acting like we are fighting relegation. our squad is good enough and we have a good manager, results will come again.

Completely agree. I can't understand how people can be so negative already. OK, so we've got 1 point from 6 and aren't thrashing teams like we were a few weeks back, but there's no reason why we can't turn it around quickly (like SCC have done). I prefer to look on Tuesday's match as a superb opportunity to get back on track and show that we are where we deserve to be. The open/attacking opposition on a big pitch seems to really suit our style of play, as shown at Charlton, P'boro, Plymouth etc and with our massive support and the 'derby atmosphere', the players are going to be pumped up. I actually think this is the type of match we need at the moment...

Of course we can win!! :bhasign:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
meh, they've only beaten Peterborough and Dagenham at home and suddenly they're world beaters.
We probably wouldn't have played LuaLua, we probably would have played the diamond as we have in most away games even if he was still here. Hopefully Sparrow and Greer will be available, if they are we've got every chance of a win.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We probably wouldn't have played LuaLua

Spot on! He probably would have come on towards the end, as per Charlton.

Will be a very tough game and the team will need the travelling support to be in full voice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wepre in a slump so a draw would be an excellent result.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This gives me more confidence.

Fair enough if you don't rate Ankergren as we all have our opinions but, as I have said before, to call him "Wankergren" has to be one of the more pathetic things I have seen. The guy kept four clean sheets in a row and was one of the reasons for our fantastic defence until recently so definitely does not deserve to be called that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, we will lose. Our title hopes are fading I feel :(. Although we are still top, we won't be for long unless this new winger is special

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Of course we can beat Southampton (not guaranteeing we will obviously). We play better away from home and against better teams so there is still every chance. Could do with this special player signing in time to play to lift spirits. I can't believe some people seem to be writing us off despite being top by 4 points still.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Of course.

The first goal of the game will be vital more than ever now - whoever gets it will win. One of those matches I reckon.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Also I think the main difference between Peteboro' and yesterday was the pace of the play. We were still passing it around well (in the second half) but it wasn't really troubling their defence. I think some of that came down to the players being tired? For whatever reason...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agreed about the use of that description of Ankergren. It's one thing passing opinions on players (which are often unhelpfully negative I think but then that's never going to stop), but can't we ban posts and nicknames about people that are actually downright abusive?

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
It pains me to say it, but, yes, any half decent side is kicking our backsides just now.

Saints were organised but they weren't a patch on Brighton. If Albion can survive the opening 15-minute storm I confidently predict an away win.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just seen Saints goals on TV, some right corkers in there and that Chamberlain being an absolute menace again.

Get a LW in and will be more confident.

One off game in a way. 30k crowd, big away support, crisp Nov evening. Anything could happen

Would take a draw

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wasn't at today's match so I don't know how well we played but another late goal...like a kick in the bollocks!

Soton won by 4-1 and looks like their coming into some good form. No Lualua but with the new edition of Chris Wood can we get all 3 points Tuesday?!

What do you think?
yes we can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports