Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we beat Southampton...

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
I wasn't at today's match so I don't know how well we played but another late goal...like a kick in the bollocks!

Soton won by 4-1 and looks like their coming into some good form. No Lualua but with the new edition of Chris Wood can we get all 3 points Tuesday?!

What do you think?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Big away support, we always play better at big team/grounds, this year we've been best away at our nearest rivals, Gus'll give them a kick up the backside for throwing points away again. Ignore the last couple of games, we'll win. Probably.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Personally, I think we'll need to get lucky.

A few injuries coming together, it's strange how quickly we've gone from brilliant against Posh to unable to beat Gas, Woking or Hartlepool.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
we had a worse team last season and won?? but confidence will have been dented today in a game we should have won, and confidence is everything

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
we had a worse team last season and won?? but confidence will have been dented today in a game we should have won, and confidence is everything

Could work the other way, we are still very much top of the league remember, not a fragile team low on confidence. I think it'll be a timely reminder that we cant have things all our own way, and the team will be hurting after throwing points away, which we thought we'd seen the end of and we'll be looking to bounce back in style.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Southampton destroyed Peterborough today - some of my students were working there and said that it was like teams from two different divisions. We are going to have to return to our "unbeatable" ways to come away with the right result.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
even though we're top of the division I think I would have to say soton are favourites based on both team's form, plus the fact their at home...I'm already getting nervous about this game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Southampton destroyed Peterborough today - some of my students were working there and said that it was like teams from two different divisions. We are going to have to return to our "unbeatable" ways to come away with the right result.
Everybody thrashes peterborough:lolol:

Hope we do bounce back although a run of dodgy results had to happen sooner or later.:D

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Point taken, but it was exactly the same when ourselves and Charlton played Peterborough. I dont think they're a good barometer. Granted Southampton are in good form, and will still be there or therabouts at the end of the year but I think we're letting a couple of poor results dampen our mood. If we play like we did 3 league games ago, anyone will struggle against us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
we'll play them off the pitch on Tuesday night

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No chance

If Greer and Elphick are both out then we will be possibly be thrashed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How many goals have we conceded when Dunk has played then?
That's not the point.This isn't some end of season match with any bearing on the table.Saints will be right up for this and i fully expect us to be turned over.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Christ above! oh woe are we, we're top of the league... and (hang on just one little, wee or tiny second) we didn't lose today! after a really tough game (for five or six) midweek, we lost to an unlucky last ditch corner... ...it happens dudertrons... I really think we'll be up for Tuesday... 2-0 to the Albion no problem.

Teams are now taking us very seriously, and guess what!?! it's getting harder to win games... I mean come on, this is what being top of the f'ing division is about... it will never be easy, nor a walk in the park, or a day out in the sodding sun... but perhaps if we (take the intelligent option for just once) stick t o g e t h e r then the boys will come through this dip.

I live in Hope, a village just up the road from that dump Despair... in the land of Get a f***ing Grip.

Kosh

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Big away support, we always play better at big team/grounds, this year we've been best away at our nearest rivals, Gus'll give them a kick up the backside for throwing points away again. Ignore the last couple of games, we'll win. Probably.

My centaments exacty.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I genuinely do not know what to expect on Tuesday and any result wouldn't be a surprise. We are capable of beating them but they are also capable of smashing us, feeling pissed off at the moment so edging on the side of a loss :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here