Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we beat Southampton...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need to drop Ankergen the clown first. He is f***ing atrocious at cross's

What a ridiculous suggestion he is firmly and rightly in the position of being No 1 goalkeeper and if you saw Brezovan against Woking you would understand why.

Southampton will come out and attack us and not play for a draw so that will give us the space to get in behind them especially if Gus can bring a winger in on loan before then.

We need to drop Ankergen the clown first. He is f***ing atrocious at cross's

Goalkeeping position as a whole is our weak spot. Brezovan improved as the season went on last year; but never filed me wiith great confidence. likewise Casper flaps too much; and by all accounts Poke is pants. Old argument, but perhaps we let Michel go a season early?

We can win onTuesday, but after today I'm not too confident; I'd take a draw. I've already had a number of Soton mates starting as they think they've got us at just the right time.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Christ above! oh woe are we, we're top of the league... and (hang on just one little, wee or tiny second) we didn't lose today! after a really tough game (for five or six) midweek, we lost to an unlucky last ditch corner... ...it happens dudertrons... I really think we'll be up for Tuesday... 2-0 to the Albion no problem.

Teams are now taking us very seriously, and guess what!?! it's getting harder to win games... I mean come on, this is what being top of the f'ing division is about... it will never be easy, nor a walk in the park, or a day out in the sodding sun... but perhaps if we (take the intelligent option for just once) stick t o g e t h e r then the boys will come through this dip.

I live in Hope, a village just up the road from that dump Despair... in the land of Get a f***ing Grip.

Kosh

You know what...your f***ing right, I take back the doubt of thought. I'll be there tuesday and can't wait, bring on the saints!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes - it's all Ankergren's fault. Let's face it, he was bloody hopeless a few weeks back when he let Bournemouth score that last minute penalty. Jeez - fancy letting in one goal in a five game run against some of the best teams in the division. He's clearly useless.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
I am annoyed as much as the rest of you we didn't win today, we should have won and didn't. But for goodness sake of course we can beat southampton, they are 8 points behind us in the league, and if they were that good, they would be where we are. People are so depressing on here, we are 4 points clear at the top, and people are acting like we are fighting relegation. our squad is good enough and we have a good manager, results will come again.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
1st half showing,we will get battered,2nd half showing,scrape a draw

Jul 28, 2010
Fareham, Hampshire
i can see us giving them a leson of football on tuesday, if dicker is at is best and greer is fit i think we well be secure at the back but we just need somebody to score goals!!

SEAGULLS

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I fancy us more now. When we were well clear I thought they might just pip us because they would want it more. Now we are a bit closer I think we may be a little more up for this to once again prove we are the best in the division.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
From a Saints fan of view, I was very worried about this fixture a few weeks ago but not so much now.

After losing to monkey hangers and after today I think your confidence is now very low.

I've been on this forum a few times recently and the consensus seems to have been that Albion simply wouldnt keep it up without Lua Lua.

Saints always play better with a full away end (gives it more of a sense of occasion) and it's looking like its gonna be a good home crowd too. Whats more we have a point to prove after last season and the players know to beat the top team would be a major milestone.

I'm very confident but then again I was last year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thing is we have lost the ability to open up defences and tend to resort to long ball every now and then.

Soton could get messy and a bad loss

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From a Saints fan of view, I was very worried about this fixture a few weeks ago but not so much now.

After losing to monkey hangers and after today I think your confidence is now very low.

I've been on this forum a few times recently and the consensus seems to have been that Albion simply wouldnt keep it up without Lua Lua.

Saints always play better with a full away end (gives it more of a sense of occasion) and it's looking like its gonna be a good home crowd too. Whats more we have a point to prove after last season and the players know to beat the top team would be a major milestone.

I'm very confident but then again I was last year.

Which is why I think we will beat you.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Let's not kid ourselves. Southampton aren't a pushover. They are a big club, who arguably are the best in the league, and after a poor start are now on a pretty good roll. We need to get over our shit patch, and despite Saints being a strong side, if we turn up and play like we did against Posh and Charlton there is no reason why we can't batter them. If we turn up and play like we have in the past four games we will get raped.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
if we play like we did in the second half today minus the mistakes we will be fine we looked like the old brighton up to this point. Also please start Murray on tuesday gus he looked desperate to score today

Ankergren

Calderon,Greer,El Abd,Painter

Bennett,Kish,Dicker,Smith

Murray,Barnes

Bench: Brez,Dunk,Baz,Wood,Hart

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here