Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Micky, no hard feelings

No-one can blame you for trying.
It just wasn't going to work, grafting you back into the club with a reasonably good side that another manager had created. Okay, so Dick tailor-made the position ready for you - not a shabby squad of players, rebuilt-from-a-shambles that magoo left behind, and ready for the big time.

Yes, I know you thought your chemistry alone would allow you to walk it, and you didn't really take it as seriously as you could have. It was a mountain that you thought would be a mere molehill - only you can say why you thought that way - but obviously times have changed and a reputation earned from a historic spell with Brighton was the apex of your career.
Good luck though, maybe there's a place in football for you somewhere.... kit man with a league club maybe, or managing Southwick - working your way up, "back to basics" so to speak.

Thanks for giving it a go, and I hope you appreciate it was a nice little present, for old times sake.

Now, Brighton have a little work to do, and must get back to the grindstone.

Cheers, don't forget to write occasionally.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Has he gone?

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
you bloody two are just a bunch of wankers with nothing but a pea for a brain,if he does go who the hell will we replace him with,come on you pair of pea brains WHO,what you have no one at this in time,then shut the f**k up:tosser:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
you bloody two are just a bunch of wankers with nothing but a pea for a brain,if he does go who the hell will we replace him with,come on you pair of pea brains WHO,what you have no one at this in time,then shut the f**k up:tosser:
lost your toys somewhere:laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My best guess is that Adams last night was at his lowest ebb. I would not be suprised if he had a crisis meeting with Dick Knight and was close to throwing in the towel with Dick desperately trying to change his mind. I think if we lose the next 3 games which is very possible, Adams would fall on his sword.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My best guess is that Adams last night was at his lowest ebb. I would not be suprised if he had a crisis meeting with Dick Knight and was close to throwing in the towel with Dick desperately trying to change his mind. I think if we lose the next 3 games which is very possible, Adams would fall on his sword.

I think I agree with that and to be honest I think it would be the right thing to do. I know people are saying that the transfer window will give Mickey a chance but if we are going to have a new manager the tranfer window is also vital for them to rebuild and I'd rather it got used for somone we still had some faith in.

I love Mickey but we are going to have to draw the line somewhere and I reckon Xmas is that line. I really hope he can turn it round by then.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nice spelling mate :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My best guess is that Adams last night was at his lowest ebb. I think if we lose the next 3 games which is very possible, Adams would fall on his sword.

He'd probably miss:lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Nice spelling mate :thumbsup:

Sorry... working at the moment and flashing across different windows at my comp. Got about 90 mins before wifey and little one come home from the Zoo and I take over parent duties.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

I have no idea who to bring in and wish we didn't have to think about it. Actually, we don't... it's not our job, it's Dick's.

If Dick REALLY thinks there is no one outside the job who can do a better job than now then we are REALLY in trouble. That means the whole club, including the players, are not good enough for this division. Now, what would you prefer... the whole club is in disarray or just one thing need changing..... like replacing the manager?

My new banner should read..... USE LOGIC.... NOT KNEE JERK EMOTIONAL VITRIOL, I think... cos there's gonna be lot around the next few days..... vitriol... not logic.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think I agree with that and to be honest I think it would be the right thing to do. I know people are saying that the transfer window will give Mickey a chance but if we are going to have a new manager the tranfer window is also vital for them to rebuild and I'd rather it got used for somone we still had some faith in.

I love Mickey but we are going to have to draw the line somewhere and I reckon Xmas is that line. I really hope he can turn it round by then.

this isnt f***ing disney!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are Adams was brought in to do a job, ie get us promoted and make progress. He was not brought in to get us relegated. Adams has made soundbites that are haunting him now like at the start of the season that the 12 games we won at home last season were not good enough and cost us promotion. We here we are with 2 wins from 10 home games, his credibility after that is shot to pieces and that comes from a big fan. Adams is not stupid and knows this whole thing is turning into a disaster for all concerned. What dissapoints me most is this Adams impostor is not the Adams from last time. He seems lethargic, dis interested and going through the motions. He does not have the passion and fire in his belly he had last time. He looks jaded and walks the walk of yesterdays Man. This is most noticeable when he walks over at the start of the game almost in an apologetic way trying not to catch the eye of the crowd. Its almost as if he is embarrassed. The fact Virgo had to point out to him he was basically not the manager he used to be must be very embarassing and humiliating. The whole shooting match reeks of a manager who has lost / never had the respect of his squad and the performances and results reflect that.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The facts are Adams was brought in to do a job, ie get us promoted and make progress. He was not brought in to get us relegated. Adams has made soundbites that are haunting him now like at the start of the season that the 12 games we won at home last season were not good enough and cost us promotion. We here we are with 2 wins from 10 home games, his credibility after that is shot to pieces and that comes from a big fan. Adams is not stupid and knows this whole thing is turning into a disaster for all concerned. What dissapoints me most is this Adams impostor is not the Adams from last time. He seems lethargic, dis interested and going through the motions. He does not have the passion and fire in his belly he had last time. He looks jaded and walks the walk of yesterdays Man. This is most noticeable when he walks over at the start of the game almost in an apologetic way trying not to catch the eye of the crowd. Its almost as if he is embarrassed. The fact Virgo had to point out to him he was basically not the manager he used to be must be very embarassing and humiliating. The whole shooting match reeks of a manager who has lost / never had the respect of his squad and the performances and results reflect that.

You and I have no agreed on everything over the years but I think you've hit the nail right on the head. I don't know what has happened to Micky since he left the first time but the spark has gone. Can he get it back? I really hope so but he is running out of time...... fast.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Adams was brought in to get us out of this division. Unfortunately Knight didn't specify in which direction.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So your reason for keeping him is because you are seriously suggesting there is not an up and coming manager in non league who couldn't do a better job. Are you sure that you're not the pea brain???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here