Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Micky, no hard feelings

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lawrie Sanchez just said on Soccer AM that there are over 100 managers looking for clubs

The downside being that the majority of them are people like him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The downside being that the majority of them are people like him.

I seem to remember a lot of raised eyebrows when Di Matteo got the MK job, so proof that there are decent unproven managers out there. It's not our job to find them, it's the boards and to suggest there is no-one affordable who could do a better job than Adams is doing is frankly f***ing laughable.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I seem to remember a lot of raised eyebrows when Di Matteo got the MK job, so proof that there are decent unproven managers out there. It's not our job to find them, it's the boards and to suggest there is no-one affordable who could do a better job than Adams is doing is frankly f***ing laughable.

I wouldn't necessarily argue with that.

However, I think the problem is that given our current situation, it would be considered too big a gamble by many to try out a completely unproven manager. Which therefore leaves the experienced ones, who are largely out of work BECAUSE they have recently ended up doing a smilar job to Adams at the moment.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand why people keep going on about Adams going, the only way he will go is to walk and can you see him doing that?... He'll not be sacked as Dick Knight will never admit he's made a cock up if past experience of all the other cock ups he's made are anything to go by, there's always someone else to take the blame for him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we went down even Dick couldn't talk himself out of that one though,

Could he ?.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We should hang on to Adams, in my opinion. Mickey isn't fundamentally different to last time around, and if we give him several seasons to rebuild the squad, we'll reep the benefits long-term.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I don't understand why people keep going on about Adams going, the only way he will go is to walk and can you see him doing that?... He'll not be sacked as Dick Knight will never admit he's made a cock up if past experience of all the other cock ups he's made are anything to go by, there's always someone else to take the blame for him.

I seem to remember that Knight admitted making a mistake with Jeff Wood's appointment, and likewise Martin Hinshelwood. No board, no company, makes the right managerial appointments every time, but the current one has got it right most of the time. Also, I can easily see Adams falling on his sword. In fact, a couple more defeats and the fans chanting for his head, and I seriously think he will do precisely that..

ruspermick

Jul 28, 2004
Rusper, West Sussex
Cannot believe the morons calling for Adams to go already, the club will look a complete shambles if they get rid of Adams inside one season. Even more stupid are the idiots calling for Knight to go, FFS who in the hell would take over a club like ours & carry us through to Falmer.

Give the man a proper shot at building a team, too many little boys on here thinking they know anything about managing a professional football team on a shoestring budget. How many successful teams hire & fire their manager every couple of years?

Cannot believe the morons calling for Adams to go already, the club will look a complete shambles if they get rid of Adams inside one season. Even more stupid are the idiots calling for Knight to go, FFS who in the hell would take over a club like ours & carry us through to Falmer.

Give the man a proper shot at building a team, too many little boys on here thinking they know anything about managing a professional football team on a shoestring budget. How many successful teams hire & fire their manager every couple of years?

Can you believe people called for Hinshelwood to go, after less than a season??
What morons, eh??
He should have been given.....oooh, how many more games? A season at least, right? Coppell proved incapable of saving the day, so why not keep Hinshelwood as manager? He should have been BEGGED to stay in his position ruspermick!

( :dunce: )

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
you bloody two are just a bunch of wankers with nothing but a pea for a brain,if he does go who the hell will we replace him with,come on you pair of pea brains WHO,what you have no one at this in time,then shut the f**k up:tosser:

oh f*** off. I don't really understand the end part of your post so i am asuming you are one of those deluded spastics who think he is going to turn it round... well he isn't:thumbsup:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

we sacked a good manager Dean Wilkins over two years...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Indeed. I think the question is: who could actually do worse than Adams with this set of players? Dean Wilkins (who is no Fabio Capello) got much the same set of players to 7th place. Adams' replacement wouldn't even need to be as good a manager as Wilkins to improve our dire position.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Can you believe people called for Hinshelwood to go, after less than a season??
What morons, eh??
He should have been given.....oooh, how many more games? A season at least, right? Coppell proved incapable of saving the day, so why not keep Hinshelwood as manager? He should have been BEGGED to stay in his position ruspermick!

( :dunce: )

We sacked JEFF WOOD way too early! He had a grand plan, and we should have stuck with him - we'd probably be destroying teams left right and centre in the County League if he'd stayed...

ruspermick

Jul 28, 2004
Rusper, West Sussex
So how long do we give the next manager before he is written off as a failure, 3 or 4 months?

I agree that Wilkins was doing a pretty good job in the circumstances & was disappointed with his treatment. I'd say that given his greater experience & previous record while he was manager of Brighton that he is worthy of more than half a season in charge, Hinchelwood was clearly not a manager & needed to be relieved of his misery.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So how long do we give the next manager before he is written off as a failure, 3 or 4 months?

I agree that Wilkins was doing a pretty good job in the circumstances & was disappointed with his treatment. I'd say that given his greater experience & previous record while he was manager of Brighton that he is worthy of more than half a season in charge, Hinchelwood was clearly not a manager & needed to be relieved of his misery.
Huddersfield have sacked there manager after appointing him in the summer.They have picked up now.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So is the option to sit back an accept relegation or to try and do something about this ever worsening situation?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
At least Adams will get the chance to repeat the success he had with us before by getting us out of the 4th tier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here