Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying Replica Shirts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's a matter of personal preference. I never had a replica shirt till 95, didn't really want one. I bought the home Sandtex shirt at that time when I thought the club really needed my money (how wrong could I have been?).

Didn't bother again after what happened until we came back to Brighton in 1999, and again I thought it a good way to contribute to the clubs coffers, plus with SKINT as sponsor it was pretty cool.

Since then it has become a hobby if you like, some people collect stamps, I now collect footie shirts. I have about 150 Albion shirts, and another 100 or so other teams shirts. All of them have some significance, I buy them because I like them, many have been bought to contribute to charities.

I find it a bit odd when people say they're too old to wear them, or that other people are. It's not hurting anyone, it looks great on matchdays to see all the colour in the stands (see the Euro games at the moment, you must be a leper if you don't have a replica shirt on). And of course, it does, especially for teams like us, add to the clubs financial balance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have the last home shirt, and sometimes wear it to home games. Never to away games.

I wear them for football training too.

My latest one is the home shirt from the play-off year, bought in perfect condition by the missus from a charity shop in EASTLEIGH on Saturday for 50p!

I was sat drinking my coffee in Costa, and she came in to meet me with an Albion shirt in her hands. "I saw the blue and white stripes as I walked by, and I knew you wouldn't like it to be left hanging there, so I bought it"!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here