Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This place is a dump.
God knows what was going on in the first half. Live it seemed like Gross was playing LCB and Biss was playing a kind of inside left. Had to be changed at HT but fair play to him for making the changes quickly. Moder looks some player and Lallana ran the show.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agree 100% with everything you put there. Duffy was up there for MOTM for me too, sticking his head in where it hurt and throw himself at blocks, exactly what is needed against Burnley. Pleased for Maupay too, although did have visions of the ref pulling out a red card when he kicked that ball away late on.

I must admit I had my head in my hands when he kicked the ball away, but it all evens out in my view - felt either Gudmundsson or Tarkowski could have seen red - particularly Tarkowski who elbowed Maupay then handballed when Trossard went round him in the 1st half!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A day personally would like to forget but ****ing great. May pick up on the personal bit later

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I must admit I had my head in my hands when he kicked the ball away, but it all evens out in my view - felt either Gudmundsson or Tarkowski could have seen red - particularly Tarkowski who elbowed Maupay then handballed when Trossard went round him in the 1st half!

You're allowed to attempt to keep the ball in. there's no way in the history of me watching football has someone been booked for kicking the ball that is going out or out

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If this is you trying to get a GoFundMe setup for beer to keep you pissing for 90 minutes every week then I salute you

ponder-pondering.gif

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You're allowed to attempt to keep the ball in. there's no way in the history of me watching football has someone been booked for kicking the ball that is going out or out

The ball was miles out in all fairness, I think the claim that he attempted to keep the ball in was why he escaped a second yellow, but taking off the blue and white specs think he could have easily been given his marching orders if the referee was more competent. Not complaining however :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It had been out for about three weeks when he kicked it though.

I still maintain my point I've never seen it. Ever, I'm 53

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can we never play Biss anywhere but on DM please. He looked so confused in the first half and did more in the first five minutes of the second. Playing our best players in their strongest positions definitely the way forwards but I guess sometimes Potter can’t get it all right. His substitutions more than made up for it.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
One of those very satisfying wins, there are certain clubs you want to beat, especially away and stone age Burnley is one of them, Palace and Leeds are the other two.
A good side can turn it around, with the injuries we have today was a gas.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Good to see the Albion faithful getting to Tarkowski at the end, think he told the away end to “go away”

Looked a lot more balanced with March on the left second half.

Thought Duffy had a great game and we would have struggled without him. Not all of our squad need to be ball players and we need someone like Duffy to restore order when it matters.

Moder, class

Good to see Gross linking up with Alzate down the right where more comfortable.

Nothing like winning from behind in a sh1thole and a little smirk knowing those who booed Biss not only have 0 points but still have to live there.

Great support from the away fans and especially loud on Peacock “You know what you are”

Good day at the office as well including 10/1 on a Brighton win at half time, should have held the nerve for a Leicester win in the four fold but sitting comfortable.

What a time to be alive

00b043e0b8e3ed77e44ec05d2597e37c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Warren has just made the point that it's a win against teams expected to be in the bottom half.
Also good game management to hold onto the points

Progress from last season.
Follow that up with a home win against a promoted team and we can start being hopeful of a better season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here