[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What a crap showing not 1 player looking at the races, players out of position and the attacking instincts of a Swiss left wing tree hugger.
IF this is the team going forward then we are in for a long season fighting relegation.

Yoda

English & European
Would much prefer seeing players play in a more comfortable position for the second half.

Gross awful at Left Back, Webster awful at Right Back. Solly not in the game on the right of a forward three.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Duffy playing better than Webster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webster forced to play out of position for some reason.

It's weird.
GP seems to deliberately play players out of position.
Gross on the left?

Alzate holding MF?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just because we're playing a gang of navvvies doesn't mean we have to play like them.

Alzate not at the races, Gross on the wrong side of the pitch, Webster slow, Sanchez still on the beach. Maupay is at least no worse than last season.

Good to see MArch back.

Everyone looks like they just landed froma longhaul flight half cut.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought our midfield would do better, but the ball is missing them. We're too slow and laboured in the build up, they're all arms and legs and satellite balls. Not pretty

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been resolutely pro-Potter throughout his tenure, but the first 45 minutes of this game is genuinely giving me pause for thought.

Our midfield and attack seems really lightweight, we can’t retain possession and we seem soft all over the pitch.

We’re being easily outfought, and Burnley’s approach really shouldn’t have been a surprise to us, yet we seem to have been surprised by it. I don’t doubt that (if gifted the opportunity) we can play, but I’m not seeing much evidence we can fight.

Desperately hoping for a better second half with us showing a bit more willingness to ride challenges and compete physically. An alternative to “run forward slowly with the ball until it’s taken from us” would be appreciated too.

He is certain to fail this season if we don’t sign the players we have needed for a year now. We are also a very injury prone side at the moment. Potter is doomed if he doesn’t get the tools. It’s OK though because it will be his fault and someone much better will be brought in to turn it around :rolleyes:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Same old bollocks

Too slow in the build up play and a significant lack of movement, players wanting to get on the ball

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have been resolutely pro-Potter throughout his tenure, but the first 45 minutes of this game is genuinely giving me pause for thought.

Our midfield and attack seems really lightweight, we can’t retain possession and we seem soft all over the pitch.

We’re being easily outfought, and Burnley’s approach really shouldn’t have been a surprise to us, yet we seem to have been surprised by it. I don’t doubt that (if gifted the opportunity) we can play, but I’m not seeing much evidence we can fight.

Desperately hoping for a better second half with us showing a bit more willingness to ride challenges and compete physically. An alternative to “run forward slowly with the ball until it’s taken from us” would be appreciated too.

Yet we still have 65% possession, as opposed to Burnley's 35% (BBC stats).

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Burnley remain a team of Thugs. Lallana will be on at 60 minutes and we will get at least a point. I really would like to see Andone on to cheer up the tag team wrestlers at the centre of the Burnley defence

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Big chunk of adjusting to fans in the stadium I suspect.

Sanchez has seemed all at sea.
Webster full of errors.

Hopefully Potter can earn his salt now and we can get back into it in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports