[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ok. So that was shite. Let’s start again shall we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I have been resolutely pro-Potter throughout his tenure, but the first 45 minutes of this game is genuinely giving me pause for thought.

Our midfield and attack seems really lightweight, we can’t retain possession and we seem soft all over the pitch.

We’re being easily outfought, and Burnley’s approach really shouldn’t have been a surprise to us, yet we seem to have been surprised by it. I don’t doubt that (if gifted the opportunity) we can play, but I’m not seeing much evidence we can fight.

Desperately hoping for a better second half with us showing a bit more willingness to ride challenges and compete physically. An alternative to “run forward slowly with the ball until it’s taken from us” would be appreciated too.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sorry but how can you play when the ref allows assault after assault? As a player you would withdraw within yourself, nobody wants to be injured. Burnley are a ****ing disgusting side.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thankfully only 1-0 gives us the chance to sort it out but changes needed now not on 70 minutes.
Could be worse, if you are an Everton fan and Palace are hopeless today, Watford have run Villa ragged.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Awful half.

Webster has been really poor, as has Sanchez and Alzate. Mwepu and Trossard can't get into the game as they're being played on the wings (why)

Awful reffing as Mee should be on a yellow too and he's watching Burnley constantly foul us

Burnley deserve to be 2 or 3 ahead

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hands down the worst 45mins of football I've seen us play this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports