Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley preparing another bid for Stephens (but probably bollox Twitter rumour)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think Dunk will be a Brighton player next season whether we get promoted or not. I really think he has to move to get a chance of getting into the England set up and obviously a big pay day for him to whatever reasonably top club wants his services. But it will take a huge offer that's for sure.

He'll do at least 1 season in the Prem with us if we go up - keeps mentioning it's his home club recently too. I know they mean little these days but he's just signed a 5 year deal or whatever again too...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think Dunk will be a Brighton player next season whether we get promoted or not. I really think he has to move to get a chance of getting into the England set up and obviously a big pay day for him to whatever reasonably top club wants his services. But it will take a huge offer that's for sure.

I am not so sure - The clubs after him are no bigger than Brighton really. Yes they have a bit more cash having been in the Premier League for a few years. The really big clubs are not the ones sniffing around so I think he needs a good season in the Premier League before the top guns show any interest. So why cant that season be with Brighton.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I don't know why I'm bothering replying when I should be starting a new thread about a new £15m bid for Dunk I've just heard about, however there is absolutely no sense in this. ignoring Burnley and Brighton, why would Stephens sign now when he could get a massive signing on bonus, or engorged wages in a matter of months?! Clearly bollocks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FWIW, I would go back to Burnley and say, OK, but the price is £10 million, take it or leave it.........

.....with two NON-NEGOTIABLE conditions:

1). The full price, up front, now;
2). We have him back on loan for the rest of the season.

That should do.........

I don't think you can approach Burnley and say 'X Twitter account ran by 13yr old Jack from Stockton-On-Tees says you want Stephens for £8mil can we make it £10mil' - just not professional.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If we go up, why not stay with us?

I'm only considering if a more established club came in for him.

Clipped,why would he want to play for England ?

Hopefully to improve them!

But we still wouldn't take an identical bid. As I said, contract expiring or not. He will stay and see out the season.)

That may be so!

He'll do at least 1 season in the Prem with us if we go up - keeps mentioning it's his home club recently too. I know they mean little these days but he's just signed a 5 year deal or whatever again too...

Fingers crossed! I know it's different but Elliott Bennett signed a 5 year deal about a month before we agreed he could join Norwich (although we did keep him until the end of the season.

I am not so sure - The clubs after him are no bigger than Brighton really. Yes they have a bit more cash having been in the Premier League for a few years. The really big clubs are not the ones sniffing around so I think he needs a good season in the Premier League before the top guns show any interest. So why cant that season be with Brighton.

I'm hoping it can be. But I just have a gut feeling that he will be off. I hope it doesn't come true!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't taken in the summer because the bid was too near the closing of the transfer window according to Bloom.

The same Tony Bloom that said, at Bristol, we won't sell anyone we don't want to, in January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think you can approach Burnley and say 'X Twitter account ran by 13yr old Jack from Stockton-On-Tees says you want Stephens for £8mil can we make it £10mil' - just not professional.
Not a problem at all. We forget about your fictional kid and his fictional twitter account - we wait until they stop 'preparing their bid' (whatever that means) and then actually make their bid. Then we tell them the terms. Take it or leave it. Slick, direct and uber-professional.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another rubbish Twitter page. Why, oh, why ?

:ffsparr:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Michael Keane received a call up for the England squad (and so has Heaton) this season, if two Burnley players can do enough to impress after going up from playing Championship football the season before, why can't players who play for Brighton do likewise? Surely if a player is good enough, it shouldn't really matter what club they play for?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

top clubs dont tend to pluck defenders out of the tier below, they'll want to see if they have the minerals for the top flight.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

His recent comments about how proud he will be seeing his hometown club in the premier league suggests to me he would give us a season at least in the premier league were we to get there

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When we get promoted the squad, plus some additions, will be kept together I think and it all depends on how the first season goes.
If we get relegated then there will be an exodus, though I think that we will finish just below halfway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not a problem at all. We forget about your fictional kid and his fictional twitter account - we wait until they stop 'preparing their bid' (whatever that means) and then actually make their bid. Then we tell them the terms. Take it or leave it. Slick, direct and uber-professional.

He's not fictional! Well to be honest I still wouldn't want what you were saying if this were true. A loaned back player may not be as focused and also I'd still like to see Stephens in a BHA shirt next season - ideally in the prem - he's class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here