Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley...I mean Burnley for christ sake!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Why Burnley? The more I think about it the more depressed I feel.

I mean a glum northern town with no prospects and not a lot of fans, David bloody Fishwick, dilapidated ground and a place no one in their right mind would want to go to.

Football gods, you have a strange way of dealing the cards!

That is all

The way I see it is that they did what they had to do, simple as that. We haven't (yet) Notwithstanding that though Barton is still an a*se!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
....and why do you think that is?
If you don't want to provoke people don't post ignorant, disrespectful and banal messages.
I laugh at people that get provoked so easily. I imagine that the OP laughs at them as well.

If a person can get so wound up about someone calling their town crap on a football forum, then the Internet is not really for them and they should get themselves a safe-space.

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
Who gives a flying f about Burnley? They are up now. Forget them. Let's focus on Boro

Pretty well sums it up :clap2:

This thread amuses me. Why some people feel the need to resort to derogatory and insulting comments about other clubs just because they are rivals is totally beyond me. I have equal respect for Brighton and Boro and both deserve to go up along with Burnley, undoubtedly the three best annd most consistent teams this season.

I would prefer Brighton to go up before Boro simply because I have a lot of respect for Chris Hughton and very little for Karanka. I don't hate either club because they both play good football. Rivalry can be a good thing but some people just take it too far, you only have to look at the different replies on this thread. Unfortunately it's the loudest and rudest who get noticed, not the appreciative football supporters.

Anyway, I'll say it again. Good luck on Saturday, I hope you manage a win. Either way I hope it's a good match and football is the winner.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like Burnley the football club, proper old fashioned, ground in the centre, small population but well supported, history etc some of their supporters their views re homosexuality and colour of the skin is questionable but then so are most places.

I dont like Dyche the ginger dalek and his style of football (but its effective for the championship and may just about keep them up - smash it up to the big man, attritional football, effective on set pieces, get in refs face etc etc) and I dont like weak referees that let a tool like Joey Barton get away with what he does but give me Burnley over man u ****ing nited any day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why Burnley? The more I think about it the more depressed I feel.

I mean a glum northern town with no prospects and not a lot of fans, David bloody Fishwick, dilapidated ground and a place no one in their right mind would want to go to.

Football gods, you have a strange way of dealing the cards!

That is all

Why the sneering about 'town with no prospects' and 'not a lot of fans' and a 'dilapidated ground'. Comes across like you have some kind of spurious sense of ENTITLEMENT ???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not fussed about Burnley tbh. Turf moor is no paradise and the whole yard is pretty dull but they're friendly enough. I stayed in a pub hotel in the middle there where Brighton team have stayed when we've played up there down the years and there were quite a few Albion bits and bobs behind the jump.

I also ate the worst curry I've ever had in a huge Indian that looked like it used to be a car showroom or somesuch ( it was near the hotel is the only reason I selected it) tasted like it came out of a tin yuck.

There's certainly worse holes. Tranmere, Halifax, Wrexham, Boro and Canvey island all near the top of my shit list.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is bizarre and stupid.

To all visiting Burnley fans - don't forget to come back on NSC in January for the annual Worlds Hardest Creature competition. And vote Honey Badger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here