Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley...I mean Burnley for christ sake!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For such a bad place it's surrounded by beautiful countryside. What outstanding countryside has the surrounding areas of Brighton got to offer?

You are joking right?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For such a bad place it's surrounded by beautiful countryside. What outstanding countryside has the surrounding areas of Brighton got to offer?

The South Downs?

Serious question, why do you bother replying to such a ridiculous thread. If my team had just been promoted to the Premier League, the last thing I would do is to go and gloat on another team's forum.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The South Downs?

Serious question, why do you bother replying to such a ridiculous thread. If my team had just been promoted to the Premier League, the last thing I would do is to go and gloat on another team's forum.

This is what I'm finding so odd. We've had 3 league winning seasons and a play off win in the past 15 years, and I've never felt the need to sign up to the forum of one of the other teams after we clinched promotion, whether that was Chesterfield, Cardiff, Reading, Bristol City, Southampton or Peterborough. The fact that there are so many smells a bit Croydon to me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Beautiful I agree but the landscape to the East of Burnley makes the Downs look like a manicured lawn in comparison to its rugged beauty - two very different areas, each with their own fans.

The beach at Burnley is a bit crap though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Claudio.png

Well, just over the hill from the AMEX....

190.JPG

Jan 10, 2014
There's something quite hilarious in rival football fans comparing countryside.

If Torquay United fans could see Pendle Hill from their homes, then no doubt they would be in the Premier League as well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The South Downs?

Its called having no friends

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

pluginbaby

Aug 15, 2014
Hahaha!

Yet another thread with no purpose other than to pour scorn upon Burnley - Jesus, imagine thinking this is what your season would be reduced to but a matter of weeks ago.

I have never lived in Burnley, my parents live around 10 miles away, myself more than 120 - I was born there and followed my local team as my father, grandfather and great grandfather have done. I am proud of where I come from, a working class town where anything you make of yourself you have earned.

The continuous bile of this forum towards my hometown PURELY because we have bettered you, as we have for our entire history since 1882, is embarrassing. The hypocrisy surrounding slurs against Burnley, considering the shite Brighton has had thrown at it for years should also not be lost on any of you that actually possess common sense and/or reason.

Hopefully another Northern team (managed by an absolute ****, granted) will soon put you out of your misery, and we can all sit back and enjoy your combustion in the Play Off's.

golden

May 3, 2016
Hahaha!

Yet another thread with no purpose other than to pour scorn upon Burnley - Jesus, imagine thinking this is what your season would be reduced to but a matter of weeks ago.

I have never lived in Burnley, my parents live around 10 miles away, myself more than 120 - I was born there and followed my local team as my father, grandfather and great grandfather have done. I am proud of where I come from, a working class town where anything you make of yourself you have earned.

The continuous bile of this forum towards my hometown PURELY because we have bettered you, as we have for our entire history since 1882, is embarrassing. The hypocrisy surrounding slurs against Burnley, considering the shite Brighton has had thrown at it for years should also not be lost on any of you that actually possess common sense and/or reason.

Hopefully another Northern team (managed by an absolute ****, granted) will soon put you out of your misery, and we can all sit back and enjoy your combustion in the Play Off's.

Harsh but true. Some real numpties on here

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
FFS who cares about Burnley the place, the bitterness!

They've won promotion, congratulations to them. Lets hope we can follow them up.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Bit cringeworthy this thread. Never been to Burnley but have been to Colne and Nelson nearby, salt of the earth types. Beautiful countryside around. I think Barton is a thug and Dyche has no class but they've had a great season and deserve to be where they are. Hopefully we'll join them on Saturday. Would be nice to see some of our fans take a leaf out of Hughtons book.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here