Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Fans comment?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with one part. We were silent until the equalizer.

I'm going to have a moan about those that sit around me in the WSU. I'm very fond of them all, but they can be too negative. This was especially manifest last night when we went (and for a while stayed) behind: the goal was Stockdale's fault who 'dived over it'; Stephens was dire; Bruno was stupid; March was lightweight; and on it went.

This may be a simple view but we've had the most fantastic start to the season and, if there aren't other reasons to get behind the team (I trust that this is taken with the large dollop of irony that is intended), at least get behind them now, even if we go a goal down.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
if thats aimed at me mate , then i reall havent said anything derogatory, ive just told the truth about what its like at brighton , and 99% of english clubs , im not trying to start a real argument, i just like to point out the hypocrisy and blinkered outlook of some people thats all.

Old and new fans whatever. We give each other pelters. Whatever I think of certain individuals in this cosy network, it won't stop me supporting my club. They are part of me, which means I can also slag them off if justified.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Still baffles me why some folk choose to pay good money to go in the back 4 rows of the NS (this is now commonly known as the "rowdy" section, right?) and stand there in silence, gawping open-mouthed in bemused shock at people who are singing. Maybe the East Stand is the place for you, just saying :shrug:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Well I live in Bristol and I was happy with last nights result :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Still baffles me why some folk choose to pay good money to go in the back 4 rows of the NS (this is now commonly known as the "rowdy" section, right?) and stand there in silence, gawping open-mouthed in bemused shock at people who are singing. Maybe the East Stand is the place for you, just saying :shrug:
No way. The east was rocking last night, that's why I can barely speak today. You can keep them!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I've never have got this "The Amex has a quiet atmosphere" nonsense, it's no better and no worse than any other modern football stadium. Did anyone go to Wolves or Ipswich? The home fans were deathly quiet, The Amex always has a buzz within it that many other grounds don't. I guarantee regular away fans can vouch for this, in fact it would be interesting to hear their views. The best atmosphere by a country mile I've witnessed at a stadium for years was the second leg play-off defeat at Derby, that was incredible (although we got stuffed). Until they bring back safe standing and cheaper tickets to encourage younger fans atmosphere at grounds will always be lacking, simple as that......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why did you start a thread about such an irrelevant comment on a Bristol City forum then?

Why did you comment on it then. The guy made a comment about Bristol being a 'proper' city with an identity suggesting B & H doesn't. If you have nothing to add to a discussion about the merits, then do that and add nothing!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I've never have got this "The Amex has a quiet atmosphere" nonsense, it's no better and no worse than any other modern football stadium. Did anyone go to Wolves or Ipswich? The home fans were deathly quiet, The Amex always has a buzz within it that many other grounds don't. I guarantee regular away fans can vouch for this, in fact it would be interesting to hear their views. The best atmosphere by a country mile I've witnessed at a stadium for years was the second leg play-off defeat at Derby, that was incredible (although we got stuffed). Until they bring back safe standing and cheaper tickets to encourage younger fans atmosphere at grounds will always be lacking, simple as that......

I suspect that this is an obsession that younger fans have, namely which side of the ground can sing the loudest. I recall my teenage days in the late 60s when I got cross with other parts of the ground that did not sing. Now, older and supposedly wiser, I feel that this really is not that important an issue. I sit in East Stand Upper and it can be as loud and as quiet as other areas, and can assure other folk that when chants which are started by the North, can be heard, hundreds of folk here loudly join in. It really is not like the library as others on here have insinuated. But it is fact of life that not all fans will sing/chant as I do even now, which is true of every ground in the country. The atmosphere in the Amex can be really good, when the fans are up for it -Arsenal x 2, Burnley with 9 men, play-offs, just to name a few.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think the lack of atmosphere is anything to do with JCL's , I'd say it's the type of person coming to games these days , you only have to look at the amount of times people (even jokingly) refer to soccer ball to know it's becoming more of a middle class pastime where people bang on about the "match day experience".

Never heard anyone refer to it as soccerball other than yanks

As the crowds at the Amex are roughly three times as large as we could cram into Withdean, it stands to reason that some of them must be JCLs - or new fans, as I'd prefer to call them, and very welcome too. It's true we did get 30,000 gates at the Goldstone, but that was a long time ago (and, to be honest, not all that often!) so many of those 30,000 will sadly no longer be with us.

That must be the equivalent of Key Stage 1 extrapolation!

I'm going to have a moan about those that sit around me in the WSU. I'm very fond of them all, but they can be too negative. This was especially manifest last night when we went (and for a while stayed) behind: the goal was Stockdale's fault who 'dived over it'; Stephens was dire; Bruno was stupid; March was lightweight; and on it went.

Did no one blame the real culprit, Dunk?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Agree with your general points and yes did go to Wolves and Ipswich. Ipswich were quiet as they were in shock at seeing their top of the table team being totally dominated and only woke up when it went 2-2. But I thought Wolves home support was pretty good, entire Sir Jack Hayward Stand was very loud. They got behind their 10 man side and helped carry them through to the final whistle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here