Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Fans comment?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The one thing I have to agree with the inbred farmer on is though,
Is the atmosphere. If it wasn't for the Northstand then the ground would have sat
In total silence apart from the away fans.
Even when you scored most people in the West, East and South are sitting on their
arses clapping like they do when a try is scored in Rugby Union.
Open your traps, stand up scream and shout even bring doe ****ing
Flags to the game. Atmosphere is getting well bad just like attendances are going down.

Bullshite.

Bristol City went 1-0 up and from the North end of the WSU I could hear their fans singing, some of the North Stand were singing
"1 Nil and you still don't sing"
The WSU do sing and were at times last night, you either ignore this, have a hearing problem or you genuinely can't hear other sections of the ground singing.

Edit.
Problem with your sight?
Look at the SWC you may see some flags.:bigwave:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
if id come all the way from Bristol to Brighton on a Tuesday to watch my team get beaten I'd be pissed off too.

And there are, demonstrably, a lot of JCLs at the AMEX which means little atmosphere and noise. The generation after this one will be embedded Brighton fans. A hell of a lot of our support were Chelsea or Man Utd. Fans until a few years ago don't forget. Just look at the NSC join dates to see how there has been a huge influx of new supporters. And welcome they are too.

You make an important point that many on NSC lose sight of when judging the atmosphere at the Amex. We had no proper stadium for 14 years and for two years prior to that we were enveloped in politics and a slide towards oblivion. The vast majority of people there last night would hardly have watched the Albion at all in that 16 year period.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You make an important point that many on NSC lose sight of when judging the atmosphere at the Amex. We had no proper stadium for 14 years and for two years prior to that we were enveloped in politics and a slide towards oblivion. The vast majority of people there last night would hardly have watched the Albion at all in that 16 year period.

Quite right. It must be strange enough to start from scratch with a new favourite team. No one seems to know what to do or how to behave so, instead, choose to sit in silence. Like I say their kids will grow up supporting Brighton and the love will come back.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Big core support plus significant number of JCL's. We got crowds of 30k plus at the Goldstone so unless they have all given up watching football the core support has always been there. But it would be wrong to say that there aren't a significant number of casual fans.

Real reason for me though is the spread of singing fans across four stands, over zealous stewarding and the wish of a number of people to sit in the North due to it's name when the only stand out there that can ever create a real noise is the West IMO. It's less than ideal but until large numbers of fans congregate in one place there will never be a decent atmosphere.

Last night atmosphere was shocking until we were level and it will continue to be so while fans are singing different songs in small numbers in different stands. Whenever a song starts you can see people standing to join in but they are dotted all over the place. No wonder a song never gains any traction...

Twenty-one 30k-plus crowds in 96 years.

I honestly couldn't give two shits about football supporting life story of anyone else in the ground, the lads that sit near me cheer the team, curse the oppenents, sing a song and talk about the match, in four seasons the questions, were you there when we won the charity shield? Did you have a season ticket at Priestfield? Or are you a plastic ex Arsenal/Man Yoo/Chelsea fan? Are yet to crop up

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
By all means contribute but it would be nice if you could stop making derogatory comments about Albion and it's fans...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I remember vividly that there were a load of people ( the brewery tap used to have a sizeable number) who would laugh at me for going to sit in the rain at the theatre of shit and would settle down to watch soccer Saturday as we saddos trudged off. I've seen quite a few of those same lads at falmer these days proclaiming that their love for the Albion has been eternal. One of them has a Liverpool tattoo on his leg ffs

I welcome all of the new fans, I'd be an idiot not to, but there's a lot of fecking hypocrites among our ranks which I don't like.

Oddly, despite the appalling facilities, I used to love sitting in H at withdean. Felt like being a part of something real. Certainly more enjoyable than ESL.

Don't sit in ESL then.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
"Johnny Come Lately", and who cares if there are plenty of those. If we want to grow our fanbase, we're going to have to accept and welcome them.

Makes us look like plastic hypocrites when you consider our attendances on a tuesday night at Withdean when 'bums on seats' was the main topic of discussion on Hartys phone in.

Like you say, we need to welcome new fans, not label them.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
By all means contribute but it would be nice if you could stop making derogatory comments about Albion and it's fans...
if thats aimed at me mate , then i reall havent said anything derogatory, ive just told the truth about what its like at brighton , and 99% of english clubs , im not trying to start a real argument, i just like to point out the hypocrisy and blinkered outlook of some people thats all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here