Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Fans comment?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
There's some great people in Bristol and some complete pillocks. Same as anywhere, even dare I say er Chichester.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Some of them do seem peculiarly obsessed with male sexuality.

At an away game at Ashton Gate a few years back, I actually lost count of how many times we received salutations of "faggoff yew bunch o' fuggin faggerts!" and such like from passing cars - never heard anything like it in such volume anyway.

Then last night I heard one of them bellowing "are ye 'oldin' 'hands yer bunch 'o benderrs?" into the East stand concourse as a parting quip. It's an obsession. Hasn't homosexuality reached that far down the M4 yet?

Obviously it's not very noice, sorry, nice at all, but delivered in that rustic accent there was some comic value.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015

At an away game at Ashton Gate a few years back, I actually lost count of how many times we received salutations of "faggoff yew bunch o' fuggin faggerts!" and such like from passing cars - never heard anything like it in such volume anyway.

Then last night I heard one of them bellowing "are ye 'oldin' 'hands yer bunch 'o benderrs?" into the East stand concourse as a parting quip. It's an obsession. Hasn't homosexuality reached that far down the M4 yet?

Obviously it's not very noice, sorry, nice at all, but delivered in that rustic accent there was some comic value.
Give me a hot woman and a successful team to support then you can call me a sugar plum fairy for all I care.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah it is so middle class when I sit in the WSU and occasionally the NS surrounded by people in Barbour jackets and Hunter wellies. It is so annoying when they leave their horses tied to the railings outside and when they let their labradors block the stairs. And they are ALWAYS banging on about "the match day experience" when the chablis isn't chilled enough. OR, is it that some people can't tell the difference between reasonably well off working class people (the bulk of Albion fans) and those who are actually middle class?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Big core support plus significant number of JCL's. We got crowds of 30k plus at the Goldstone so unless they have all given up watching football the core support has always been there. But it would be wrong to say that there aren't a significant number of casual fans.

Real reason for me though is the spread of singing fans across four stands, over zealous stewarding and the wish of a number of people to sit in the North due to it's name when the only stand out there that can ever create a real noise is the West IMO. It's less than ideal but until large numbers of fans congregate in one place there will never be a decent atmosphere.

Last night atmosphere was shocking until we were level and it will continue to be so while fans are singing different songs in small numbers in different stands. Whenever a song starts you can see people standing to join in but they are dotted all over the place. No wonder a song never gains any traction...

Some fans are just obsessed with anal sex though, I can understand Bristol's fixation as they see it as a form of contraception down there, I was in the Holmsdale when we drew up there and it was all they wanted to sing about. It's not only us though, I was in the Millwall end at Selhurst once (don't ask!) and Millwall retorted to the Woah Woah shite by changing the words to "you take it up the a***" This common fixation says more about them than us

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Where were they at withdean then ?

Oh here he flippin' goes again...this geezer always has an axe to grind. Thousands of Albion fans like me were not season ticket holders at a) The Goldstone b) Gillingham c) Withdean. Me and my mates would pick and choose games to go to...part timers I suppose you could say, but I reckon I averaged 8 games a season at Withdean. Since the move to Falmer we solidified our support into full time season ticket holders. In what way is that strange, unusual, JCL or plastic?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh here he flippin' goes again...this geezer always has an axe to grind. Thousands of Albion fans like me were not season ticket holders at a) The Goldstone b) Gillingham c) Withdean. Me and my mates would pick and choose games to go to...part timers I suppose you could say, but I reckon I averaged 8 games a season at Withdean. Since the move to Falmer we solidified our support into full time season ticket holders.In what way is that strange, unusual, JCL or plastic?
It's not , however how are Chelsea any different to that , as many on here would claim they are ?
In fact i'll answer my own question, they're not, its just on a larger scale .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I don't think the lack of atmosphere is anything to do with JCL's , I'd say it's the type of person coming to games these days , you only have to look at the amount of times people (even jokingly) refer to soccer ball to know it's becoming more of a middle class pastime where people bang on about the "match day experience".

And if that can help toll the final death knell for the thick thuggish throwbacks who have for so long blighted the family match day experience with their intimidation and violence then so much the better.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And if that can help toll the final death knell for the thick thuggish throwbacks who have for so long blighted the family match day experience with their intimidation and violence then so much the better.
It probably already has , nobody wants violence and intimidation at football, least of all me who takes an 11/14/ and 6 year old to games, but there is a fine line between atmosphere and the violence and intimidation you mention , and atmosphere has definitely been lost in the trade off, and the very fact you talk about a fvcking ''match day experience'' says it all, there has even been a thread on here asking posters which part of the ''match day experience'' they enjoy the most , well if the answer isnt the FVCKING GAME then why do people bother going ? For the face painting and live bands :facepalm:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It probably already has , nobody wants violence and intimidation at football, least of all me who takes an 11/14/ and 6 year old to games, but there is a fine line between atmosphere and the violence and intimidation you mention , and atmosphere has definitely been lost in the trade off, and the very fact you talk about a fvcking ''match day experience'' says it all, there has even been a thread on here asking posters which part of the ''match day experience'' they enjoy the most , well if the answer isnt the FVCKING GAME then why do people bother going ? For the face painting and live bands :facepalm:

Thank you for the expected response, it's sooo easy to yank your chain......

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thank you for the expected response, it's sooo easy to yank your chain......
Likewise diego.

in fact that wasnt the expected response at all, thats why you came up with the lame ''its so easy to yank your chain'' get out clause.

Oct 25, 2003
i've found that the two bristol clubs are the two that are most obsessed by the whole gay thing (with the exception of millwall obviously) and that it's more than just a bit of banter that most clubs give us- they actually think it's true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here