Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't see him going to be honest.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Both Hull and Fulham have apparently made enquiries about taking him on loan for the season recently, would presume either of those would have more appeal to Gayle than a move to the West Country but problem is that Palace are only keen on a permanent transfer. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, don't think either party would be happy with him spending the bulk of the season in the reserves. .

SDG

May 26, 2014
If I was a Bristol City fan I'd be thinking I'd dodged a bullet there. For that money they could do so much better.

Not being a Palace wise arse, but who?

McCormack - £11m total deal.
Gayle - £8-10m total deal.

Blackburn want £14m for Rhodes.
Watford wanted £16m for Deeney.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

True. Few bargains out there. What did Villa pay for Gestede? He was one of the best in the Championship last season.

Yes it is very sad to have a chairman with no ambition, as he has only spend £200 million, which I understand is about 10 times what your fab 4 have invested, who want to sell the club at every opportunity. Think before you make silly comments.

Oh so that's why he let us have Murray on a free, didn't want to pay what he was worth :ffsparr:

Made it to the prem tho on a tightt budget, fab 4 indeed all Palace Gods

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Murray was offered a contract by Poyet which he did not sign as he wanted more money, it is what footballers do and don't blame it.Think our player budget that year was bigger than Palace, not really due to lack of ambition. Anyway Tony has never been a season ticket holder at another club?.

Back to subject, that is why clubs go abroad to buy, as English players so expensive and good point from the other palace fan, looking at similar players costs. Only time will tell. What has happened to FFP by the way, surely Bristol can't afford that sort of money.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
[/B]

Oh so that's why he let us have Murray on a free, didn't want to pay what he was worth :ffsparr:

Made it to the prem tho on a tightt budget, fab 4 indeed all Palace Gods

Your budget was 18.8million, the 12th biggest in the division. It was closer to the 8th biggest budget(ours-21m) than it was to 13th (Burnley 15.4m).

It was also 130% of your turnover. It's a real shame you got promoted, admin number 3 was just around the corner. Now we'll have to wait a few years until you get relegated for 3rd time lucky.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Your budget was 18.8million, the 12th biggest in the division. It was closer to the 8th biggest budget(ours-21m) than it was to 13th (Burnley 15.4m).

It was also 130% of your turnover. It's a real shame you got promoted, admin number 3 was just around the corner. Now we'll have to wait a few years until you get relegated for 3rd time lucky.

Erm, this is inaccurate as we were one of the few teams to not make a loss.

CPFC2010 abided by FFP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is very true. We all know money in football is insane, but some people appear deluded if they think Dwight Gayle's price is anything other than market value. It also highlights the monumental fck up that Poyet made by letting Murray go. He's another one worth £4-5m or so and it would be an awful lot higher than that if he was a little younger.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is very true. We all know money in football is insane, but some people appear deluded if they think Dwight Gayle's price is anything other than market value. It also highlights the monumental fck up that Poyet made by letting Murray go. He's another one worth £4-5m or so and it would be an awful lot higher than that if he was a little younger.

Yep. Agreed. He's worth what they pay. Palace aren't going to be making much , if any profit on Gayle though are they ? He signed for £4.5m or thereabouts with all sorts of sell ons/extras and they've forked out on his hefty wages for two years.
As for Poyet. Yep. Murray blah blah blah. CMS blah blah. But few managers have strikers they buy for £2m and sell on for £8m+ 18 months later do they ? He (or Burke) were not all bad in the the striker profit hits and misses league.
Ask Hughton and a certain £8m he splashed on Mr Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep. Agreed. He's worth what they pay. Palace aren't going to be making much , if any profit on Gayle though are they ? He signed for £4.5m or thereabouts with all sorts of sell ons/extras and they've forked out on his hefty wages for two years.
As for Poyet. Yep. Murray blah blah blah. CMS blah blah. But few managers have strikers they buy for £2m and sell on for £8m+ 18 months later do they ? He (or Burke) were not all bad in the the striker profit hits and misses league.
Ask Hughton and a certain £8m he splashed on Mr Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I think what annoys me about Murray is that he was already OURS, and we just let him go. Plus the fact that we replaced him with someone half as good and paid him an awful lot more.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't disagree with any of that, but I think what annoys me about Murray is that he was already OURS, and we just let him go. Plus the fact that we replaced him with someone half as good and paid him an awful lot more.

It hurts. At least he didn't actually play in that 2nd play off and actually score. (Poor bloke was injured out of a prem league season of course) Schadenfreude x 100 then.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London

You could add Hull bidding £9m for Andre Gray and closer to home Ulloa for £8m. Around about £10m is the going rate for a proven Championship goalscorer these days.

The £6m Villa paid for Gestede looks like decent value to me.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He will be an excellent buy for a championship club. Very good indeed.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Palace made a profit of 1.6 million that season (one of only 4 clubs to do so) so how the rest of your statement is true I dont know, but it looks like those figures hey have been plucked out of thin air. And how you say Admin was round the corner is just utter nonsense.

Anyway back on topic. Gayle is a terrific goal scorer , great at dead ball plays as well, but it is his work off the ball that is lacking and in the prem a team like Palace need all 11 players working hard all the time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here