[Albion] Brighton v USG

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] drove up to Gatwick to boo Enciso off the plane.

We're a tough crowd.

F*** that I booooooooed him onto the plane in South America.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Blimey, written off in 45 mins of our first pre season friendly.

That must be some sort of NSC record ����
Read it again. Watched him a good 15 or so times for USG as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Contrary to pretty much everyone else, I thought Clarke was stronger than JPVH. I thought he made fewer errors in places that a premier league CB would. Sure JP looks good potential wise but I dont think he's ready yet and I have more confidence in Clarke stepping up.

I guess we'll see what those who see them more often think is right.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Read it again. Watched him a good 15 or so times for USG as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I read it correctly the first time.

How many times did you travel to Belgium to watch him live for those 15 matches last season? Was he playing under the direction of GP? Were you there today?

No, no and no.

Perhaps instead trust in the people who run the club that have seen him play live OR make you opinion after watching him for a season at The Amex

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

How many times did you travel to Belgium to watch him live? For those 15 matches last season, was he playing under the direction of GP? Were you there today?

No, no, no.

Perhaps instead trust in the people who run the club that have seen him play live OR make you opinion after watching him for a season at The Amex
There is a thread on here somewhere discussing Undav before he signed, the majority thought he was a shit Mitrovic, obviously now he’s signed he’s going to bang them in :lolol:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

How many times did you travel to Belgium to watch him live for those 15 matches last season? Was he playing under the direction of GP? Were you there today?

No, no and no.

but surely that same logic would apply to fans hyping a signing up? if you want a blanket 'no opinions on players until after a season' rule then fair enough, but as far as I see there's no harm in making initial observations about a player, even if they are negative (and observations that I completely disagree with, btw)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
but surely that same logic would apply to fans hyping a signing up? if you want a blanket 'no opinions on players until after a season' rule then fair enough, but as far as I see there's no harm in making initial observations about a player, even if they are negative (and observations that I completely disagree with, btw)

But, it’s Dwayne...!

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester

Fair point and I probably went too far in waiting a season to comment, in truth it's probably 5 - 10 games in a settled team to make a judgement IMO, it's definitely not 45mins of the 1st pre season friendly in a team that is nothing like the starting line up of our final game of last season or our opening game of the upcoming season

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
To summarise:

Enciso - yes.
JP - yes
Clarke - jury's out.
Undav - jury's out.
Kozlowski - yes, probably. Will confirm on next outing.
Karb - not a 'no', but needs work on ball retention
Adingra - yes.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Difficult to tell much based on that 45 mins, but I'd say:

1. Clarke looked rather dodgy
2. Enciso looked good
3. Adingra looked very lively

Clarke look dodgy to me also. He seems to lack in confidence as with West Brom, always playing the safe pass. He need s to be bigged up I think he is ok but after seen Van Hecke its bye Matt from me.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Clarke looks to me what he probably is. A decent enough player but lacks enough to contribute meaningfully at our level.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
45 minutes and three times POTS Clarke is a right off...........................hmm. I'd happily keep him in the squad as left side cover until Roberts comes back - which way things go after that, keep one and move on the other, or move on both - can remain to be seen next summer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only 22-23 outfield players are going on the Portugal trip.

21 played today + we have Mitoma, Trossard, Mac Allister, Mwepu, Duffy, Connolly, Sarmiento, Richards, Østigard, Andone.

It's obvious that Andone and Østigård will miss out. Richards could well have a imminent loan sorted ( QPR ? ). Weir and Offiah probably miss out given the number of players who won't be going.

Looks like at least 3 more miss the plane : Possibly from Jenks, Karbownik, Clarke, Duffy, and Connolly.

Dec 29, 2011
Only 22-23 outfield players are going on the Portugal trip.

21 played today + we have Mitoma, Trossard, Mac Allister, Mwepu, Duffy, Connolly, Sarmiento, Richards, Østigard, Andone.

It's obvious that Andone and Østigård will miss out. Richards could well have a imminent loan sorted ( QPR ? ). Weir and Offiah probably miss out given the number of players who won't be going.

Looks like at least 3 more miss the plane : Possibly from Jenks, Karbownik, Clarke, Duffy, and Connolly.

Would Sarmiento be homegrown?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To summarise:

Enciso - yes.
JP - yes
Clarke - jury's out.
Undav - jury's out.
Kozlowski - yes, probably. Will confirm on next outing.
Karb - not a 'no', but needs work on ball retention
Adingra - yes.
Good summary not much goal threat when Enciso went off same old Maupay trying to fight everyone and being generally shit.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You really can't make any judgement on any of the lads after 45 mins against our feeder club.

Only thing that mildly surprised me was Joel deputising for Lewis despite Webster being out there. I'm fairly sure Webster was vice-captain last season, but that may be FM ruining my brain, as it ruined my degree. Not that I disagree, I ****ing love Joel and will probably buy next season's likely rancid home kit just so I can get his name on my shirt. Which is probably also considered weird as he is more or less the same age as me. But still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports