[Albion] Brighton v USG

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You really can't make any meaningful judgements form a pre season friendly, particularly when it's the first of the season and two completely different teams played each half. The only comment I'll make is that it was pleasing to see the positivity of both Enciso and Adringa.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A training game in proper heat isn't going to tell you much of anything. I liked the look of Van Hecke. Ensisco has the potential to be a handful. That's probably all I got out of it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To summarise:

Enciso - yes.
JP - yes
Clarke - jury's out.
Undav - jury's out.
Kozlowski - yes, probably. Will confirm on next outing.
Karb - not a 'no', but needs work on ball retention
Adingra - yes.

Not sure you can make any sort of definitive judgement on 45 mins of a stroll.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Decided to go and a have a few drinks rather than watch this, looks like I probably made the right decision.

Anyway, first preseason friendly doesn't tell a lot if anything.

To summarise:

Enciso - yes.
JP - yes
Clarke - jury's out.
Undav - jury's out.
Kozlowski - yes, probably. Will confirm on next outing.
Karb - not a 'no', but needs work on ball retention
Adingra - yes.

Can't wait!!!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I found it interesting the approach to the game.

Last season the preseason games I saw had players completely out of positionand it seemed to be more about fitness than anything.
This season there was our unmostakeable style of play and I was impressed how easily the new boys slotted into that.

Agree that it means nothing, but up against a team further into their preparation, we looked pretty good.

Encisco/Kozlowski/Van Hecke were all impressive, hope to see more of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I only watched the last 20 and it looked anything but a stroll to me. 100 mph football and robust challenges :shrug:

Zero quality in front of goal

Oh and this is NSC 15 mins is plenty of time to make a considered decision on a new player

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to judge players on less than a full game. Have you raised your concerns with Potter?

It renders the whole friendly a waste of time, as everyone only played 45 minutes at most.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I only watched the last 20 and it looked anything but a stroll to me. 100 mph football and robust challenges :shrug:

Oh and this is NSC 15 mins is plenty of time to make a considered decision on a new player

Not sure about the 100 miles an hour - the ball was moving around though 😉

Maupay was being a bit of a pillock, and I still wonder if he’ll be with us.

Re - NSC, agreed. A lot of people rated Texeira when he signed, and in reality he was ordinary at best IMO, just rarely looked up, almost zero awareness of colleagues. I think [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] probably summed up Encisco best as very promising.

Too early to say “yes or no”.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to judge players on less than a full game. Have you raised your concerns with Potter?

It renders the whole friendly a waste of time, as everyone only played 45 minutes at most.

In what way are you not allowed to do it?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Have you?

I haven’t judged any players.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Decided to go and a have a few drinks rather than watch this, looks like I probably made the right decision.

Anyway, first preseason friendly doesn't tell a lot if anything.

Can't wait!!!![/QUOTE]

Your heart's not in Brighton, is it Swanny?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Van Hecke looked the business, no prisoner centre back. I’d be surprised if he went out on loan as he already looks good enough for the squad, provided he can avoid too many bookings as it looks like he loves a challenge.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Van Hecke looked the business, no prisoner centre back. I’d be surprised if he went out on loan as he already looks good enough for the squad, provided he can avoid too many bookings as it looks like he loves a challenge.

Careful now. You'll get called out for judging players too soon, even by random Swedes who didn't watch the game and went out drinking instead.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Careful now. You'll get called out for judging players too soon, even by random Swedes who didn't watch the game and went out drinking instead.

Zaha-Schelotto-Brighton-Palace.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

But we all know we need a striker. Plenty of time in this window to get someone.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
����

I’m not making any judgements - you were though.

So perhaps he would welcome your views.

The judgement you made is that we should not judge players on only 45 minutes of play.

In that case, why did Potter give all his players a maximum of 45 minutes?

What is the minimum number of minutes you can play before a player can be judged?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports