Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I admire your defence of your club but in the playoffs shortcomings were there for all to see I have know doubt palace would be the last place on earth you would want your best players to end up ?
It will all be weather Brightons bosses can resist the money

Resist the money? Resist the laughable Palace bid, you mean? It's not going to take much "resisting", is it? :lolol:

He may well go during this window, but, as I've said every single time this has cropped up all summer, it won't be to you. I absolutely guarantee that.

You might be a PL club, but come on- seriously! Best you start offering PL prices, not League One efforts :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bridcutt really wants to leave he should join a Prem club that are likely to stay in the Prem. This will put him in pole position re his international career. He should follow the examples of James Morrison or Robert Snodgrass. Palace is a risky move because the chances are they'll be relegated.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Obviously, if you played nice passing football instead of hoof ball, your board might justify the £5m. But that doesn't seem likely.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to watch us yesterday, but there is a very unfortunate side-effect of your omitting to do so. :clap:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I remember when me and my Mrs were looking to buy a house for the first time.

We'd been looking for about 3 months and were getting depressed at lack of success when the perfect house turned up.

Unfortunately it was on the market for 300k and the absolute most we could stretch to was 240.

So we offered them that!

Bit like Palace and Bridcutt!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I admire your defence of your club but in the playoffs shortcomings were there for all to see I have know doubt palace would be the last place on earth you would want your best players to end up ?
It will all be weather Brightons bosses can resist the money

You really need to learn to spell or stop posting your babbling bullshit on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turning down £5m for Ulloa big shout. Based on that I believe he will be staying.

Bridcutt I reckon anything nearer £3m and he will be off to a Premiership club, which actually, I wouldn't be devastated by.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Big questions is does bidcott want to come to palace he may feel Brighton won't make it up this season having not sorted out their shortcoming from last season plus 3 good teams have dropped down who will be hard to get above.

Our shortcomings meant we finished above you. You got a flukey win with a Man Utd player which was the difference in the playoffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
SSN reported earlier that Palace have had a 3m bid for Callum Mcmanamam laughed off as derisory by Dave Whelan. Are they just making cheeky bids for as many players as possible in the hope that someone is desperate?

There are enough premier league clubs interested in Bridcutt for us to worry about not getting a good price for him!

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Lots of people getting their knickers in a twist over this non-story. It's patently obvious that these bids are simply an attempt to wind up the fans. On that at least, they appear to have succeeded. No chairman in their right mind would sell Bridcutt for less than 4million and to us he's worth at least 6million. As the Major has said, if Gayle is worth a reputed 8million (lol) then palace can double the going ratefor Briddcut to 12m, then we'll talk.

I'll put this rumour in the nonsense bin, thank you.

albionite

May 20, 2009
This has all come down to the fact the Argus reported before the play offs that we was after Jedi. The Bellends from up the road seem to think it is fair game to put in low offers for our players, Would not surprise me if Parrish is behind this I doubt the clown Ollie even has his eye on these players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lots of people getting their knickers in a twist over this non-story.
I'll put this rumour in the nonsense bin, thank you.

that's silly. Its neither a 'non-story' or a 'nonsense rumour' is it? Its verified that Palace HAVE made these bids. Its a very big story. Too right, the level of the Palace bids might be derisory, but they are genuinely out there, nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here