[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionite

May 20, 2009
As TSB put it Bridcutt maybe worth 3-5m to say a team like Swansea or Norwich but to sell to palace the price needs to be hiked.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why would Bridcutt want to go to a club that rejected him previously? It's just mischief making. If the item hadn't said that Bridcutt wanted to go to Palace, it may have had a bit of credibility.

Clubs don't reject players - managers do. There's very little left at Palace that relates to the time Bridcutt was unable to secure a deal there.

Additionally, Palace now play in the richest and most high-profile football league in the world. They didn't when Bridcutt was last at Selhurst.

The story is highly credible. He won't go though.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Why are you not so sure? Do you want to sell him? The club would not sell him to palace.
Of course I don't want to sell him, especially to them but the reality is that we're a championship club who need to save money. If Palace came in with a large bid which effectively wipes out 50% of the projected losses, TB and PB would have to think very carefully about that.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Of course I don't want to sell him, especially to them but the reality is that we're a championship club who need to save money. If Palace came in with a large bid which effectively wipes out 50% of the projected losses, TB and PB would have to think very carefully about that.

Very true but as you said it would take a large bid, I don't think they would bid enough to take him off us. £1.75m is a joke of an offer the journo should of guessed at a better price than that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have emphasised this on here as well. But, the fact we have gone down the loan route for a lot of players instead of paying suggest that what has been said is not true. We must have spent at least £4 million last year including signing on fees to the likes of Kuszczak, as well as transfer fee for Ulloa. That same figure clearly hasn't been spent this year. Yet!

Exactly the point I was making on here in the 10k & people seemed to still believe Barber etc. Fact is as it stands our budget is well under what it was last yr...

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Clubs don't reject players - managers do. There's very little left at Palace that relates to the time Bridcutt was unable to secure a deal there.

Additionally, Palace now play in the richest and most high-profile football league in the world. They didn't when Bridcutt was last at Selhurst.

The story is highly credible. He won't go though.

He won't go or Brighton won't let him go?

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Wasn't it Palace that showed young Liam the door after an unsuccessful trial? Seems slightly ungrateful considering Brighton picked him off the streets. We shook him up. We turned him around. Turned him into someone new.

Now four years later, he's got the world at his feet. Success has been so easy for him. But he shouldn't forget it's us who put him where he's at. And we can put him back down too.

Don't you want us bridcutt, don't you want us ohhhhh ohhhhhhh

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know Ollie wants him.
Ollie wants everybody....every day you've shown interest in about 4 players....it's that nobody wants to go to that run down pit of yours..as for £1.75m you are having a Gi raffe aren't you...OK,it's bought you one of his boots....but knowing perchant of not paying debts we'd want the money up front...the rest you can pay in instalments. You couldn't recognize his talents the first time you had him...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's funny how people are putting that it's the Daily Mail so it can't be true and Palace are taking the piss with derisory offers for our players together.

We've apparently signed an Aussie defensive midfielder so I highly doubt we're in for Bridcutt, although I would be very happy to try. Unless it is literally the Daily Mail talking bullocks, look no further than Liam's agent for the creation of this story, linking him with your arch-rivals and an obviously low bid is a great way to instigate a move away before the window closes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Times that amount by three and I wouldn't be overly bothered, as long as we reinvest some of it straight away on a new striker and a winger. Andrews, Ince and Agustien are more than adequate cover in the Bridcutt role.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is it with Palace and their insultingly low bids ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports