Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have nothing but total respect for you Mr Bevendean Hillbilly, however I blame one man alone (he can not be talked about) for that defeat his team talk must have lacked some spark maybe, he also may well end up at Palace one day himself.

You are right ( of course ) but he who cannot be named was not on the pitch and, whilst he was tactically inept, the lot of them didn't put in a shift.

Please God, all the angels and saints and the blessed virgin don't let us become a feeder club for Palace. It's bad enough keeping Norwich stocked with talent.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How much would Liam go for then? £1.75m is obviously a bit on the low side.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Palace came back with 3.5 to 4m i think the board would accept.

No, no they wouldn't.

We sell worthless shit we don't want to palace. We don't sell players we're interested in keeping.

Do you think they'd sell Williams to us? (Not that I'd want him. WAY overhyped)
No chance.

Same deal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Opening bid.
Ollie wants him, and he wants to go.
You can't be happy. Last year you told us he wasn't good enough to get in your side, and that was when you were in the Championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest my dislike for that scummy club up the road is rapidly turning into genuine hate.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No, no they wouldn't.

We sell worthless shit we don't want to palace. We don't sell players we're interested in keeping.

Do you think they'd sell Williams to us? (Not that I'd want him. WAY overhyped)
No chance.

Same deal.

You forget that Bridcutt may want to play in the Premiership and earn more money even if it is for Palace so if we were offered 4 M i think the board would have to think very carefully. A chance to half the projected season losses with one deal and with players able, although not as good, to play in that position. I'm not so sure.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You forget that Bridcutt may want to play in the Premiership and earn more money even if it is for Palace so if we were offered 4 M i think the board would have to think very carefully. A chance to half the projected season losses with one deal and with players able, although not as good, to play in that position. I'm not so sure.

4 million for Bridcutt. A chance to half the losses in one deal with Ince and Andrews able to play in that position. hmm.. I'm not so sure.

It's palace. It will not happen. Someone else bidding £4 mill, they'll take seriously.
If we accept a bid from palace, what sort of message would that send out?!

More chance of Iniesta turning up at QPR stating he's "always loved 'Arry's style of football"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£2.5m - £3.5m I reckon.

If Palace came back with 3.5 to 4m i think the board would accept.
£3.5m was my estimate, although I'd prefer it not to be to Palace. A fit Liam Bridcutt is one of the best players in our league, we'd miss him a lot.

Makes for an interesting 24 hours or so!

albionite

May 20, 2009

Why are you not so sure? Do you want to sell him? The club would not sell him to palace.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's palace. It will not happen. Someone else bidding £4 mill, they'll take seriously.
If we accept a bid from palace, what sort of message would that send out?!

More chance of Iniesta turning up at QPR stating he's "always loved 'Arry's style of football"

Every player has his price. That price may well come at a premium if it's Palace but still, don't be fooled, every single member of our squad could be sold to them IF the price is right for the club. Even if its is Palace.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Every player has his price. That price may well come at a premium if it's Palace but still, don't be fooled, every single member of our squad could be sold to them IF the price is right for the club. Even if its is Palace.

The price would include a 300% palace tax to appease the fans. Can't see them paying the required £10 mill myself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I just don't know which thread to drop this into:_

[tweet]374241230936236032[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here