Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This has all come down to the fact the Argus reported before the play offs that we was after Jedi. The Bellends from up the road seem to think it is fair game to put in low offers for our players, Would not surprise me if Parrish is behind this I doubt the clown Ollie even has his eye on these players.

We were after Garvan last summer but he turned us down.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
that's silly. Its neither a 'non-story' or a 'nonsense rumour' is it? Its verified that Palace HAVE made these bids. Its a very big story. Too right, the level of the Palace bids might be derisory, but they are genuinely out there, nonetheless.

Non-story because there is nothing to see. They've made a bid, it was rejected. Story? Not really, at least not for me.

Nonsense rumor in that, if they ever thought this was going to be succesful, they must have been high. Very very high, therfore the whole affair is a nonsense. I'll grant you that rumor was the wrong word to use though.

Regardless of quibling over details, I still think the whole thing is clearly an attempt to wind people up.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
What nonsense,, of course it's a story. The Argus have confirmed. May well run all day as Palace, and/or other clubs, may well come back in for Bridcutt and some of our other players.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Non-story because there is nothing to see. They've made a bid, it was rejected. Story? Not really, at least not for me.

Nonsense rumor in that, if they ever thought this was going to be succesful, they must have been high. Very very high, therfore the whole affair is a nonsense. I'll grant you that rumor was the wrong word to use though.

Regardless of quibling over details, I still think the whole thing is clearly an attempt to wind people up.

I think the bridcutt one is very genuine and we might come back with a better offer . The ulloa one is probably one to hurry up bendtner to sign ( not 100% on him btw ) when I think he will . So not a wind up as such but if it has wound some up :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't holloway say a week or two ago that palace were going to adopt a scattergun approach, throwing out as many offers as they can hoping some of them come off? I imagine a high percentage of their bids are not perhaps as serious as those from a team more incisive with their tactics.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As Graham Souness said yesterday, prices on deadline day go up 2 or 3 times as you haven't got time to find a replacement.

So if Palace have waited until today then that is just stupid. Why haven't they come in for him before?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I think the bridcutt one is very genuine and we might come back with a better offer . The ulloa one is probably one to hurry up bendtner to sign ( not 100% on him btw ) when I think he will . So not a wind up as such but if it has wound some up :thumbsup:

Oh do fu*k off, its all a wind up. No chance would we sell to the shower of sh*t up the road, even if they wanted to go there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

You are being taken in by your club if you actually think they have any serious expectation of getting either player. They don't. It's just a stunt designed to score cheap points with those Palace supporters who are disappointed with the lack of decent signings this summer. If you really can't see that, then you're less intelligent than I gave you credit for (ha!).

If they'd been serious, the bids wouldn't have leaked out. They wouldn't have wanted to jeopardise any negotiations. The reason it's come out is because they wish their fans to know about it. They know (for example) that £1.75m for Bridcutt is laughable, and are well aware that it wouldn't be accepted, but they can go back and say "well, we made an effort, it's not our fault if they won't take it, you can't accuse us of not trying". This of course has the added advantage of making your supporters believe that you're seriously pissing us off (which you're not, at least not amongst those of us with brains, because we can see this for that it really is) and leading you in turn to forget how many other players have turned you down this summer because you're so pleased at *possibly* annoying us.

You're a fool if you think otherwise. Meanwhile....tick tock!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Even though TB is an Albion fan, I don't think he would care who we sold a player to if the deal suited BHA.

To be honest I think he would unless we was ripping palace off. He will do what is best for the club but I very much doubt he would sell players that would alienate most of the fans.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Palace boardroom, yesterday.

Parish: "Arse. Nobody good wants to sign for us, yet again. The fans are getting restless. People are saying we have no ambition despite all our masses of Premier League cash. What am I going to do to save my reputation as the People's Chairman?"

Minion #1: "Why not pretend to make a bid for Brighton's best players, which we know has no chance of succeeding: our dimwitted supporters won't know that and will simply be so thrilled at the prospect of getting one over on them again, they won't even notice that all the players we actually want to sign keep rejecting us?"

Parish: "It's brilliant and it might just work. Suckers! Mwahahahahaha".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why has this thread run to so many pages? £1.75m for Bridders? Oh behave.

Just like Barnsley offering £100k for Greer the other summer, some bids just don't want any discussion.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Bridcutt will be coming I should think I am sure Glenn is telling him how great is is.

Not to fussed about Ulloa although it would be great to sign "Glad Ulloa" if he ever scores.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here