Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Before all this kicked off in Iraq/Syria, if anyone had mentioned Isis, I would have thought of an Egyptian goddess or Oxford rowing on the river Isis.

Or the bar next to fenchurch st station which doesn't look all that popular these days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Before all this kicked off in Iraq/Syria, if anyone had mentioned Isis, I would have thought of an Egyptian goddess or Oxford rowing on the river Isis.

would you send this to school.

Hello

I am unsure if I should point out the fact the school learning cartoon characters my child has been given by the school contains a fictional character that I am aware is named after an ancient Egyptian goddess Isis. However in today’s climate and previous links with an unfortunate former pupil who fought and died in Syria I have concerns over the character “Independent Isis”. Although I understand the reasons someone would have come up with such a name and character to be an inspiration to female and male children I feel it may require a changing.

I hope I have not spoke out of turn or caused any offence.

Regards

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
would you send this to school.

Dear Sir / Madam

I felt I should point out the fact, the school learning cartoon characters my child has been given by the school contains a fictional character that I am aware is named after an ancient Egyptian goddess Isis. However, in today’s climate (and previous links with an unfortunate former pupil who fought and died in Syria) I have concerns over the character “Independent Isis”. Although I understand the reasons someone would have come up with such a character to be an inspiration to female and male children I feel it is innapropriate and requires changing.

I hope I have not spoke out of turn or caused any offence.

Yours faithfully

Corrected for you.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There is a language school on western road called ISIS. Who cares?

Depends on whether or not its got an assault course out back covered in bearded men leaping over it or lecturers who like to wave an upturned finger at the students whilst ranting about infidels.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Were these lads fighting for ISIS or another opposition group to the Asad regime? The Argus report doesn't say.

I'm no expert on the various groups but am under the impression that we are talking very different kettles of fish.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
His Dad just on blaming UK government for making it "difficult" for these lads to come "home".its especially sad because their uncle

Don't feckin go there then

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
His Dad just on blaming UK government for making it "difficult" for these lads to come "home".its especially sad because their uncle

Don't feckin go there then

Yeah easy to blame everyone else when usually it's the vile rhetoric you hear in your home that sets the ball rolling. Oh so easy to blame the British goverment for your failings as a parent.

Dec 29, 2011
Were these lads fighting for ISIS or another opposition group to the Asad regime? The Argus report doesn't say.

I'm no expert on the various groups but am under the impression that we are talking very different kettles of fish.

Against Assad regime, for a rebel group who are affiliated with al-Qaeda.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yeah easy to blame everyone else when usually it's the vile rhetoric you hear in your home that sets the ball rolling. Oh so easy to blame the British goverment for your failings as a parent.

I have to say, if I was a dad who's brother had been in Guantanamo bay and two of my three sons had been killed fighting Jihad and the third one was still at it with B52s dropping very large bombs on him I'd probably be thinking long and hard about what's being discussed when I have everyone over for a Halal BBQ during Ramadan...what I probably wouldn't do is appear on the TV moaning about the UK government making it difficult for Islamic warriors to come home on leave.

I'm sorry for your loss as a father but there's a pattern emerging here.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I have to say, if I was a dad who's brother had been in Guantanamo bay and two of my three sons had been killed fighting Jihad and the third one was still at it with B52s dropping very large bombs on him I'd probably be thinking long and hard about what's being discussed when I have everyone over for a Halal BBQ during Ramadan...what I probably wouldn't do is appear on the TV moaning about the UK government making it difficult for Islamic warriors to come home on leave.

I'm sorry for your loss as a father but there's a pattern emerging here.

there should be a news blackout on all this.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Two sons already killed over there, and a third still there fighting. Wonder what the common cause of their radicalisation was, lack of parental guidance maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports