Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I haven't racially stereotyped anyone, I'm not saying it's just the Muslim youth who are disenfranchised and disillusioned with life, it's young people in general. They're not stupid, they can see how the world works. The difference is that with Muslims, finding purpose in a holy war is obviously more likely - especially when you consider the current attitudes of society and the zeitgeist in regards to Muslims.

This is my favourite!

So how to quell these stereotypes. Rape and Murder... that'll do it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
middleeastletter.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Arab Spring failed as the West would not countenance a Sykes-Picot region built by the Arabs on their own. And so the bombing of ISIS, as bad as they are. Yet ISIS are a post-colonial creation, effectively a western creation, by error of management.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Arab Spring failed as the West would not countenance a Sykes-Picot region built by the Arabs on their own. And so the bombing of ISIS, as bad as they are. Yet ISIS are a post-colonial creation, effectively a western creation, by error of management.

no it isnt, its about internal muslim factions. if anything the west has suppressed this scism in the region. yes, the area they target has some colonial history as you say, they are trying to work along old tribal lines (i dont know how accuratly).

the Arab Spring failed because the Arabs didnt know what they wanted. they knew they didnt want the dictators anymore, but didnt/dont really have a plan B, with the only substantial political movment, Muslim Brotherhood, just as unpopular to the majority. i dont think they really want or are ready for western style democracy, they probably want more benign, religious lite, dictatorships.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Daughter came home today from her first full week at school with a news letter which had some "sad news to report"... The kid and all of his brothers went to the primary school and they were upset by his death..... Oh yeah what about the group he had joined and how they treat women and none believers.... Not sure I approve sending out letters about how sad they are a terrorist who may have killed died.....

Or am I wrong here, I could be over reacting and am willing to be educated.... Just does not sit right.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Daughter came home today from her first full week at school with a news letter which had some "sad news to report"... The kid and all of his brothers went to the primary school and they were upset by his death..... Oh yeah what about the group he had joined and how they treat women and none believers.... Not sure I approve sending out letters about how sad they are a terrorist who may have killed died.....

Or am I wrong here, I could be over reacting and am willing to be educated.... Just does not sit right.

You are not over reacting, this news is not for the ears of primary school children. Not surprising though given what the youngsters get fed these days.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

You're not overreacting. Perhaps if he had siblings still at the school it might be understandable. With the best will in the world, as an educated person, the conflict in Syria along with the ISIL issue would be impossible to explain to children of primary school age. Just a stupid sop to political correctness and media coverage. No need to have mentioned it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

If all the siblings have left now then I don't see the point. If one of them was still there then I think the school has a duty to report the news. Primary kids don't understand the moralities of the situation. Most adults don't either.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You're not overreacting. Perhaps if he had siblings still at the school it might be understandable. With the best will in the world, as an educated person, the conflict in Syria along with the ISIL issue would be impossible to explain to children of primary school age. Just a stupid sop to political correctness and media coverage. No need to have mentioned it.

Oh dear and I have just noticed that on the fridge is a learning card from school, it has cartoons of fictional characters like
Perseverance pepino
Creative Carla
Risky Ronan
Curiousty Colin
And......
Independent Isis......

Grounds to complain ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Oh dear and I have just noticed that on the fridge is a learning card from school, it has cartoons of fictional characters like
Perseverance pepino
Creative Carla
Risky Ronan
Curiousty Colin
And......
Independent Isis.......

Grounds to complain ?

What's this all about? I do not understand one little bit

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What's this all about? I do not understand one little bit

From the school my daughter goes to, they sent round a letter last week which had some "sad news to report"... The kid and all of his brothers went to the primary school and they were upset by his death.

I then noticed just yesterday that from the same school a learning card printed which the wife had placed on the fridge which has cartoons of fictional characters those characters are

Perseverance pepino.
Creative Carla.
Risky Ronan.
Curiousty Colin.
And......
Independent Isis......

is that not clear and can you see why maybe its wrong ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On the bright side, it is reported that 24 British jihadists are thought to have been killed...so far.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
From the school my daughter goes to, they sent round a letter last week which had some "sad news to report"... The kid and all of his brothers went to the primary school and they were upset by his death.

I then noticed just yesterday that from the same school a learning card printed which the wife had placed on the fridge which has cartoons of fictional characters those characters are

Perseverance pepino.
Creative Carla.
Risky Ronan.
Curiousty Colin.
And......
Independent Isis......

is that not clear and can you see why maybe its wrong ?

That sounds completely bizarre. Was it an unfortunate selection of name - like the Estate Agents around Staines called ISIS ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That sounds completely bizarre. Was it an unfortunate selection of name - like the Estate Agents around Staines called ISIS ?

Before all this kicked off in Iraq/Syria, if anyone had mentioned Isis, I would have thought of an Egyptian goddess or Oxford rowing on the river Isis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here