Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton i360 construction update.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We went up the i360 today. A slick operation, we signed up as Brighton residents for discounted fares, and the views of our lovely city and beyond were amazing. Well worth visiting, with large crowds queuing giving the impression it will succeed as a venture ... much to the dismay of the miseries/trolls in Brighton who want it to fail.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
We went today. Great views, impressive piece of engineering, really enjoyed it. Including my £8.50 G&T.

It's much bigger than I'd expected and there's loads of space to wander round and see the view from different sides despite the number of people.

This. We were on the 12.00 "flight" today. Really enjoyed it,

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We went up the i360 today. A slick operation, we signed up as Brighton residents for discounted fares, and the views of our lovely city and beyond were amazing. Well worth visiting, with large crowds queuing giving the impression it will succeed as a venture ... much to the dismay of the miseries/trolls in Brighton who want it to fail.

But will you go on it again?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Took a few photos of the disappointing firework display last night. My first real firework photo attempt. My thinking was to get a few of the buildings, the Palace Pier and the West Pier, the i360 too all in shot, as well as the fireworks. The fireworks didn't light up the sky as much as I thought they would, so edited one photo to show all elements. Maybe I was expecting too much or I haven't got the hang of it yet!

Attachments

• Fireworks 2 NSC.jpg
    Fireworks 2 NSC.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Fireworks 3 NSC.jpg
    Fireworks 3 NSC.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 618

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just been for a ride. Impressive views, totally smooth ride, great engineered and brilliantly designed and finished. It's also a nice touch using local brands Nytimber and Harvey's in the bar. The whole BA flight shtick is fun as well.

10/10 from me and a very positive addition to the city.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just been for a ride. Impressive views, totally smooth ride, great engineered and brilliantly designed and finished. It's also a nice touch using local brands Nytimber and Harvey's in the bar. The whole BA flight shtick is fun as well.

10/10 from me and a very positive addition to the city.

Having been on it the once, is it the sort of attraction you would return to for subsequent rides?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having been on it the once, is it the sort of attraction you would return to for subsequent rides?

I'd definitly go up it again. Just thinking about myself I'd like to go on a clear night next. How many times I would go again is difficult to say, it's the sort of attraction which I'd take visitors to Brighton up, cadge a ride if friends were going up, or mark a special occasion with.

I'm a Brightonian though. What I can tell you is the tourists in my hotel are talking about it and asking "have you been up the i360", BA have run huge adverts in their inflight mag and people mention it when I'm on my travels and mention the city. It's really cementing Brightons place on the world map.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm a fan but haven't been up yet. I'm more inclined to pay the extra 10% and walk up (as it were) on a clear day rather than booking in advance and finding it cloudy. Was it busy today?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm a fan but haven't been up yet. I'm more inclined to pay the extra 10% and walk up (as it were) on a clear day rather than booking in advance and finding it cloudy. Was it busy today?

I booked 2 hours in advance for the 12:30 ride. This and the next ride at 13:00 were sold out when I arrived though. Whilst it was sold out there was room to move about and walk around. So, it was busy but didn't feel busy...if this makes sense.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does anybody know what will be built or developed immeduately to the east of the i360?

If you look at the billboards, it looks like a bigger version of the ticket booths and will be a pavilion type thing for artwork and things to sell you.

Also they are going to sink into the concrete old west pier posts, in an arty farty display. Actually I think that area now looks bloody fantastic. We love the cafe above the main one in the left hand " ticket booth". Really friendly and so good coffees and cakes etc.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If you look at the billboards, it looks like a bigger version of the ticket booths and will be a pavilion type thing for artwork and things to sell you.

Also they are going to sink into the concrete old west pier posts, in an arty farty display. Actually I think that area now looks bloody fantastic. We love the cafe above the main one in the left hand " ticket booth". Really friendly and so good coffees and cakes etc.

Ah thanks for that - the whole area will be tidied up and when the Shelter is finished after being relocated from the bottom of West Street it should be a great stroll from the Peace Statue eastwards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah thanks for that - the whole area will be tidied up and when the Shelter is finished after being relocated from the bottom of West Street it should be a great stroll from the Peace Statue eastwards.

That area changes daily! You are right, that area around the fortune of war looks great even though it is a bit of a building site, but the bars have now got decking out on to the beach and the seafood restaurants the are packed to the rafters most weekend days. In 3 years time when it is all finished it should look tremendous.

To the east of al frescos they have paved the area in front of the shops and it looks excellent. I would have thought there will be live entertainment put on there in the summer for people waiting to go on the i360 and just wandering along.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thinking of going this Saturday early evening around 17:30 / 18:00 so when is the latest to book on-line ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here